turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 5d Location: Toowoomba Posted 28/09/04 07:54 AM Posted 28/09/04 07:54 AM I think that when you take off from a standing start you guys are right. performance mode or normal drive mode is best, although I have yet to test it out for myself.I do find however that in normal driving conditions, manual mode is the best as you can stay in 2nd and then when you need to push it hard it is super responsive and you can take it to about 6000rpms shange to 3rd and it feels like you are absolutely flying. this I find is better than performance mode.I wonder if you guys agree with me on this. yep... It is fun driving in 2nd and letting something that thinks its fast pull up next to you and give it a squirt.Dazza.
doublek Member 333 Member For: 22y 3m 1d Location: sydney Posted 28/09/04 07:59 AM Author Posted 28/09/04 07:59 AM would a wrx fit into this equation :lol: :lol:
351 Member 184 Member For: 22y 1m 26d Posted 28/09/04 08:36 AM Posted 28/09/04 08:36 AM how accurate are these g-tech thingys and how much do they cost
Mr Turbo Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds Member 2,777 Member For: 22y 1m 17d Gender: Male Location: Berwick Victoria Posted 28/09/04 08:38 AM Posted 28/09/04 08:38 AM Gday Dazza,The 1/4 time I get with my G-tech is 13.6 in non sports auto and yeah your 100% right about having better grip on a drag way hmmmm must give it a try one day like to see what time ill run then.We all should plan a night at Calder so we can meet up and have a chat/run :lol:
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 19d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 28/09/04 08:45 AM Posted 28/09/04 08:45 AM hello. I was wondering if the traction control on the t (auto ) make any difference to 0-100kph and 1/4 mile times? does having traction control off make much of a difference when pushing the car for good times?is it a noticeable power difference to the driver? I have found, after many trips down the 1/4 that the TC on slows you a great deal. The best method, in my opinion to getting a good time/launch is to do the following.TC=offHold left foot on brake Right foot on gas and spin wheels a touch 5-10 seconds to get tyres a little sticky and get rid of dust and stuffWhilst holding brake get car to 2000 rpm I've found that unless your on a well prepared strip anything over 2000 will cause wheel spin.When ready let go of brake whilst putting right foot through the floor.This should give you your best 0-100 and 1/4 results. Geea.
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 19d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 28/09/04 08:46 AM Posted 28/09/04 08:46 AM Gday Dazza,The 1/4 time I get with my G-tech is 13.6 in non sports auto and yeah your 100% right about having better grip on a drag way hmmmm must give it a try one day like to see what time ill run then.We all should plan a night at Calder so we can meet up and have a chat/run :lol: Hey Mr Turbo. I'm heading out to Calder on Friday and hopefully alot of the quick Melbourne "T's" will be joining me so why don't you come along? Geea.
Mr Turbo Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds Member 2,777 Member For: 22y 1m 17d Gender: Male Location: Berwick Victoria Posted 28/09/04 09:01 AM Posted 28/09/04 09:01 AM Hey Geea.That will be fantastic! Only one problem im not as quick as you! 12.26 is a bloody good time and well done to that! Ive only had the turbo for about 5 months but have plenty of plans for it down the track It will be a great night and try to get many T's to come as possible :D
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 5d Location: Toowoomba Posted 28/09/04 01:35 PM Posted 28/09/04 01:35 PM would a wrx fit into this equation :lol: :lol: well they are fast, I'm talking more about VN's with zorst mods and Lancers with all the trimmings.Dazza.
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 5d Location: Toowoomba Posted 28/09/04 01:41 PM Posted 28/09/04 01:41 PM how accurate are these g-tech thingys and how much do they cost the manufacturer claims accuracy to .001 of a second but any raises or dips in the road will effect the timing, they retail for $395 but I got mine on ebay for $120, they are on there all the time. I will let you know how I go comparing it on the drag strip next wednesday.Dazza.
jonnyd1986 Member 29 Member For: 21y 4m 22d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 13/05/05 02:17 PM Posted 13/05/05 02:17 PM how accurate are these g-tech thingys and how much do they costthe manufacturer claims accuracy to .001 of a second but any raises or dips in the road will effect the timing, they retail for $395 but I got mine on ebay for $120, they are on there all the time. I will let you know how I go comparing it on the drag strip next wednesday.Dazza.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Who can install these G-tech thingys? And how and where do they plug in? Can you put them in any cars?Jon
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now