xr6 typhoon Good for nothing member Legacy Donating Member 619 Member For: 22y 3m 5d Location: Sydney Posted 27/09/04 11:49 PM Posted 27/09/04 11:49 PM the boss and F series are the same block. Maybe sourcing the same super charger that's on the SVT lightning is an option. Its an eaton super charger good for at least 400kw
Guest Guests Posted 28/09/04 12:02 AM Posted 28/09/04 12:02 AM Thers a ford dealer here in adelaide that has done one,they fit nizpros to turbos as well vik
hello BGSer Member 166 Member For: 22y 7m 20d Location: Brisbane Posted 28/09/04 03:12 AM Posted 28/09/04 03:12 AM from a ford dealer
Venom XR6 Member 1,460 Member For: 23y 5m 4d Location: Geelong Victoria Posted 28/09/04 06:02 AM Posted 28/09/04 06:02 AM The problem is finding a manifold. The Lightning is a 2 valve motor and the supercharged Mustang Cobra uses the 4.6 block so the manifolds won't fit the Boss. The Ford GT is the first car to use the supercharger on a 5.4 block with 4 valve heads and would be the only manifold that would fit the Boss, but price and availability would be a problem. A screw blower for a Boss would be awesome though. A custom manifold is another option but it would cost a packet too. I believe someone is working on fitted an EATON screw blower to the Boss though, to be sold as a complete package.
mickq Member 740 Member For: 23y 5m 8d Posted 28/09/04 12:49 PM Posted 28/09/04 12:49 PM the boss and F series are the same block. Maybe sourcing the same super charger that's on the SVT lightning is an option. Its an eaton super charger good for at least 400kw I drove a limited edition SVT supercharged F150 Lightening at the Deerborne test track in Detroit, and all I can say is woohoo!Handling like a sports car, but the size of a pickup. Ferrari-matching 0-100 times (some Ferraris, that is!).Id LOVE to have one here...pull up in your big "pickup" next to Joe Average in his SS, and watch the look on his face as your engine sppols up sounding like a jet engine, and you take off.The only car I drove over there that was better was the Mustang Cobra R. Man I would do anything to have one. Despite what Ford says, it does 0-100 in 4.2 seconds from a relatively small engine. A sh*tload of fun to say the least. And sounded awesome.Wish they brought cars like that out here. It was sold for US$60k or so, but only 300 made so if you werent connected, you didnt get one.
Guest Guests Posted 30/09/04 03:58 AM Posted 30/09/04 03:58 AM I was once taken for a drive by a staff member from Brooky Ford in a XR8 they had fitted a Vortech unit. sh*t that XR had some balls. They didn't like the job and told me the owner had had the car back to them some three times for tuning. I was told ( and I think it was bullsh*t ) that they were sending it to Herrod for more tuning. I know however it ended up in the hands of C&V at waterloo where the tecnical out come of the job was "er, we fixed it", it was there when I had my NOS kit put in, to the best I know that XR8 was the first non FPV with a starter button.
FPV GTHO Member 118 Member For: 22y 1m 24d Posted 30/09/04 04:48 AM Posted 30/09/04 04:48 AM If you must go old school, I reckon have a look at putting a Sprintex on there, considering you take off the upper intake, there should be plenty of room with the bonnet bulge. Otherwise, Herrod and CAPA have their jointly developed 400kw kit on only 8 psi for about 7-8 grand, but CAPA for $16K have a 700hp kit (525kw)
Guest Guests Posted 30/09/04 04:52 AM Posted 30/09/04 04:52 AM Brooky ford said the customer they fitted was up for close to 20K they were talking around 500kw
Guest aido Guests Posted 03/10/04 07:30 PM Posted 03/10/04 07:30 PM over in the usa a bloke by the name of Kenny Bell does aftermarket tuning and has twin screw roots style superchargers to fit most 4.6 and 5.4 motors (sourced from 5.0 superfords@mustangs)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now