Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted

sh*t it must be low when you sit in it weraing that cape, ya phat barstool. LMAO Nice job jb

Scotty

  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Award Winning Photo guy
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 9m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Burleigh Waters
Posted

P. H. A. T. nothing like a good pimp lowering to set a car off :)

and for prices $110 (less for cash) an end from me if anyones interested...

Goldie does good prices for members for fitting too ;) If your in QLD of course

Matt

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 4d
  • Location: Geelong
Posted

I payed $240 for the same springs. For camber, a few shims were inserted. Although I still havn't gotten a wheel alignment yet(its been almost 3 months). I think I should really go do it soon :lol:

The car looks good mate. I find its low enough to look good, but not bashing the car into everything. Except for a few driveways and the front bar :(

  • FPV521
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 2d
  • Gender: Male
Posted
Well first stage of my mods are finally completed, she's now lowered on King Springs, SSL's at the rear SL's at the front and I am very happy with the result. :stupid:

It has stopped alot of the body roll, and at the same time pretty much kept a comfortable ride. There is a mild difference, but nothing like I have seen and experienced before. (Fully sik moit wif de cut springs moit!)

Overall I am very happy with it and it looks a hell of a lot better. :smilielol:

Here are some pics:

Hello,

Do you mind telling me what it cost? Also how long it took.

I would like to get that done to my car.

Do you have any code numbers or anything.

I am in NZ so there wouldnt be many done.

Interested to see how the car handles afterwards.

Thanks :Imwifhim:

Gavin I picked up my springs from another forum member. I think they are about $300 odd new (not fitted), try here to get more info:

http://www.kingsprings.com.au/

I would suggest you search around, get quotes which will give you the right idea and direction to go.

I do not have any numbers the only thing they indicated were that they are SL and SSL springs specifically for the BA XR.

I got them fitted by Midas down the road from my house, believe it or not they were the cheapest at $200, that also included a wheel alignment, plus he put on another exhaust system I supplied at no charge. Everyone else I had quotes from were $300 plus, so he has my business from now on.

As I said shop around for your springs, new or second hand as the prices vary, you may be able to get then sent over from Aus in the post then get them fitted by your own place over there.

You must get a wheel alignment when you get it done as you are dramatically changing the camber/aligment of you wheels.

:smilielol:

Thanks for your help :spoton: hot answer. Couldnt have asked for more.

Is the ride any harder? I like the ride of the BA and dont want to get a sore backside like I used to in my old AU XR.

  • FPV521
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 2d
  • Gender: Male
Posted
Well first stage of my mods are finally completed, she's now lowered on King Springs, SSL's at the rear SL's at the front and I am very happy with the result. :msm:

It has stopped alot of the body roll, and at the same time pretty much kept a comfortable ride. There is a mild difference, but nothing like I have seen and experienced before. (Fully sik moit wif de cut springs moit!)

Overall I am very happy with it and it looks a hell of a lot better. :smilielol:

Here are some pics:

Hello,

Do you mind telling me what it cost? Also how long it took.

I would like to get that done to my car.

Do you have any code numbers or anything.

I am in NZ so there wouldnt be many done.

Interested to see how the car handles afterwards.

Thanks :kissmy:

Gavin I picked up my springs from another forum member. I think they are about $300 odd new (not fitted), try here to get more info:

http://www.kingsprings.com.au/

I would suggest you search around, get quotes which will give you the right idea and direction to go.

I do not have any numbers the only thing they indicated were that they are SL and SSL springs specifically for the BA XR.

I got them fitted by Midas down the road from my house, believe it or not they were the cheapest at $200, that also included a wheel alignment, plus he put on another exhaust system I supplied at no charge. Everyone else I had quotes from were $300 plus, so he has my business from now on.

As I said shop around for your springs, new or second hand as the prices vary, you may be able to get then sent over from Aus in the post then get them fitted by your own place over there.

You must get a wheel alignment when you get it done as you are dramatically changing the camber/aligment of you wheels.

:spoton:

Thanks for your help :pooh: hot answer. Couldnt have asked for more.

Is the ride any harder? I like the ride of the BA and dont want to get a sore backside like I used to in my old AU XR.

Just one other thing. How many inches do you reckon the car has been lowered with those springs. Bit hard to tell as the light conditions are different in the äfter Photo"" you have put on. Looks like a couple if inches when you compare wheel arch views?

Gavin :lol:

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted

Looks great JB, have you noticed much difference in how the car handles?

Geea. :smilielol:

  • I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney, south west
Posted
Looks great JB, have you noticed much difference in how the car handles?

Geea. :spoton:

Yeah, will it still go up your driveway with the wipers on? :smilielol: :lol:

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 10d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted
Looks great JB, have you noticed much difference in how the car handles?

Geea. :spoton:

Yeah, will it still go up your driveway with the wipers on? :smilielol: :lol:

There is always one is'nt there Aniken? :lol:

Could'nt help yourself hey?

  • I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney, south west
Posted
Looks great JB, have you noticed much difference in how the car handles?

Geea. :spoton:

Yeah, will it still go up your driveway with the wipers on? :smilielol: :lol:

There is always one is'nt there Aniken? :lol:

Could'nt help yourself hey?

:kissmy:

no

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...