scooter Member 62 Member For: 23y 6m 23d Location: Emerald Vic Posted 11/09/04 10:38 PM Posted 11/09/04 10:38 PM I dont and never will have Bigpond Broadband ( its far too expensive with other cheaper alternatives available) but as far as I can gather I cant watch the V8 supercars via the internet any more like last year as I need to be a member. Whilst I prefer a TV - sometimes its just more convienent to watch via web.Are the any sites or such I can do this or has BigPong sorry BigPond have the exclusive rights only.CheersScoot
crisso . Legacy Donating Member 1,199 Member For: 22y 10m 22d Location: Sydney Posted 11/09/04 11:38 PM Posted 11/09/04 11:38 PM Hi Scott,I believe you have to be a Bigpond member to take advantage of this service. I love the fact you can see the practice, qualifying and top 10 shootout that are not televised.I have always beena member of Bigpond Cable, I have no gripes and it is not overly expensive for the service I get, remember, not ADSL.Anyway, not promoting Bigpong here, just saying perhaps channel 10 needs to work on a deal that secures them rights to televise both days OR use digital TV and televise it on one of their digital channels????
eatV8 Artificially Aspirated Member 951 Member For: 22y 8m 26d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 12/09/04 12:56 AM Posted 12/09/04 12:56 AM Living over here in Yank Land They don't even start showing the V8 Supercars season until it is almost over. Even then they edit a whole race weekend into a 2hr show (less when you account for ads) I would really like to find some way to download races from the internet or connect to a live feed etc. I have recently discovered the NRL has an internet feed for games 24-48hrs after they take place. I wish V8 supercars could do the same.
sbr79 Member 280 Member For: 22y 3m 4d Posted 12/09/04 12:53 PM Posted 12/09/04 12:53 PM I wouldn't say 56 bucks is too much for a ultrafast cable speed.. I say GO TELSTRA, oh and we get free access to the V8's live. If you don't like Telstra Bigpond and cancel your connection to go else where, all I can say is its your choice, so accept what you gave up and watch the TOCA series or something else.
eatV8 Artificially Aspirated Member 951 Member For: 22y 8m 26d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 12/09/04 07:37 PM Posted 12/09/04 07:37 PM all I can say is its your choice, so accept what you gave up and watch the TOCA series or something else. Who was this aimed at? me? :o
crisso . Legacy Donating Member 1,199 Member For: 22y 10m 22d Location: Sydney Posted 12/09/04 09:30 PM Posted 12/09/04 09:30 PM all I can say is its your choice, so accept what you gave up and watch the TOCA series or something else.Who was this aimed at? me? :o I think that was aimed at Scootre...
eatV8 Artificially Aspirated Member 951 Member For: 22y 8m 26d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 13/09/04 02:50 AM Posted 13/09/04 02:50 AM opps yeah, I just re read it, I posted late last night my time. Was a little to edgy :lol:
scooter Member 62 Member For: 23y 6m 23d Location: Emerald Vic Posted 13/09/04 03:07 AM Author Posted 13/09/04 03:07 AM WOW I didnt expect and DESERVE that sort of response - what a poor attitude1 I cant get cable 2 Bigponds ADSL prices are FAR TOO expensive and are non competitive. This is not the forum to discuss the cost of broadband. All is needed is to go to http://www.whirlpool.net.au and compare prices.BUT ....As eatV8 said he is overseas and would like to watch it SO "sbr79" whats his solution -- er watch TOCA .I asked a simple questionIS there any alternative for those who dont have bigpond for a live internet stream for the V8 supercars?I didnt post to be flamed all I wanted a alternative.....ScootIm Scooter as opposed to the other Scootre.PS unless Ive missed it on thier web site maybe they could offer a subscription service for those not with Telstra Bigpond.
eatV8 Artificially Aspirated Member 951 Member For: 22y 8m 26d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 13/09/04 03:52 AM Posted 13/09/04 03:52 AM PS unless Ive missed it on thier web site maybe they could offer a subscription service for those not with Telstra Bigpond. I would be VERY interested if they offered this at a resonable price.
sbr79 Member 280 Member For: 22y 3m 4d Posted 13/09/04 04:14 AM Posted 13/09/04 04:14 AM Are the any sites or such I can do this or has BigPong sorry BigPond have the exclusive rights only.Sorry scoot, replied late at night and read the above SENTENCE thought you were another one of those anti telstra hippies. See I get sick of hearing it when I like alot of others have got an absolutely fantastic connection with them , only have the normal computer problems everyone gets, and they always treat me well when it comes to customer service. I am one of those believers in that if a ISP offers you a service, exclusive to them, then others can't complain as they have chosen otherwise. As for your unfortunate situation, I wish I could offer a solution, but satellite is the only option I know through telstra. You could always move into the area in brisbane I live and get cable, I get an average download rate of about 2.5Mbps, pretty good, but I am restricted to only 128 Kpbs upload,Once again I apologise, for the outburst UNLESS of course you really were bagging telstra, then ignore the apology and life will go on.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now