help! want to take the badges off my car

daninme

• Member For: 21y 4m 4d

hi guys I know this topic has probably been discussed before but couldnt find anything quick enough in the search engine.

basically I want to take the rear badges off and want to know how is the most effective and safge way to do it and then removing the sticky bits that get left over?

any help wopuld be appreciated :ladysman:

• Former XT pilot
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 9m 4d

Heat the bagdes with a hairdryer, then either pull them off, or use fishing line behind the badge to remove them. Use metho to get rid of the excess glue.

• Complete Bastard
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 4m 24d

Or go and park your car in Bankstown or Paramatta for a couple of hours. If your car is still there when you return, it would be a good bet that the badges would be gone. :spoton:

• Former XT pilot
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 9m 4d
I need to do the same on the side skirts but it is a matter of necessity, not a want..... They have gone all crappy and started to peal. Warranty job??

ours have done the same. The clear has actually peeled off and the chrome is wearing... looks sh*t :ermm:

• Member For: 21y 4m 4d

I did it with the fishing line and then soaked the gluey bits with metho and rubbed the f&*k out of it and I scratched the paint and there is still the out line of the xr6 turbo there unfortunately the car is black

looks like I might need 2 buff it

• Member For: 20y 6m 18d

Dont use metho on your paint. Use eucalyptus oil to get of the sticky bits off or anything else like tar. Too much metho can ruin your clear coat eucalyptus oil is safe. :spoton: