Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Guest P'cisT
  • Guests
Posted

XR6 is still a performance car to an extent.

Performance is not just about engine, but also handing, braking, etc, etc.

I'd get it nonetheless over the others.

  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DBT
  • Guests
Posted

I ordered the car on Friday.

XR-6 n/a auto.

Due to factory options (LSD), it has to be built to order, so have to wait c. 5 weeks.

Thanks for all the advice everyone.

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 3d
Posted

You wont be sorry. Ive had my XR6 NA for 2 days, and it was parked next to a new SR at the shops today, the XR still looks way better, plus hte price I paid it wasnt much more neways.

Id never buy an XT / Futura over an XR6, they just dont cut it.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 11d
  • Location: Birkdale
Posted

Hey! The ute is the only poor mans XR! Its half and XR with all the bits!

The only reason I bought the ute was because it was $10,000 cheaper on the road than a sedan of same specs because it s a comercial vehicle. So it attracted numerous discounts.

Otherwise I would have bought the rich mans version with a back seat.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 28d
  • Location: Geelong, Australia
Posted
XR6 = Futura with a body kit.

In my opinion id rather a Futura or a Fairmont.

When I see a NA XR6 I look to see what other options it has and if they have spent close to 6k on other options (sunroof ,leather and 18"s) I think to myself why didn't they get a T. Id rather a Futura or a fairmont anyday, a NA is car that looks llike a muscle car with out the muscle.

When we were looking at getting our Ford we were either going to go an optioned N/A or a stock T.

I would feel mildly dirty getting a T without tinted windows, premium sound, stock seats and so on, so we went for the N/A, as my parent's aren't really car enthusiasts they just wanted a car with power and an N/A with premium sound, leather interior, tinted windows, towbar and power windows was the go.

Paul

  • I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: West Brisbane
Posted

Go the N/A.

Couple more mods and I think ours will be up there with a stock T soon enough.

What's money? :lol:

We just couldn't have afforded the T. For similiar money, we could have opted for a XR6T Ute. I originally had my eye on a blueprint ute but it had to be a sedan and it had to be Phantom. :omg: Only option was the N/A. Still a fantastic car and there aren't a lot of atmo's that can keep up with GIMLI so he's not doing too badly. Next Dyno run should be interesting as it's been almost another 8,000kms since Dynosteve worked his magic. Doing it bit by bit, well it's affordable for us.

Will I supercharge? That's the question. After 3 years and if we still have GIMLI, why not. 2 years are almost up now.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Back seat...... waiting for the babes
Posted

I would love to see an N/A with a lux interior and a sunroof.....

Anyone got any pics?

Damo

:spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 1d
Posted

Interesting, seems like some XR owners put luxury ahead of power. As I thought the basic XR6 package is pretty pov spec, the strength of the XR is that you can option it up to be pretty nice..

But then you have to order it, which means the dealer might stuff it up and a long wait, and much added cost, and you won't see much return on your options come resale.

It would be interesting if the Turbo engine was avalible in more cars. Instead of having a Ghia like spec'd car you could have a turbo Ghia.

Posted

Thunder its time you spent some of your green on a 75mm throtle body, it'll help you with that 3rd cog speed problem, you've said before :spoton: .

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...