Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 3d
Posted

Yep, the SP9000s are fitted as standard on the 18s. (245/45/ZR18)

In my opinion they are an exceptional tyre in both the wet and the dry. I have turned off traction control in the wet a few times to see just how hard I could accelerate in the wet before getting wheelspin, and have found the threshold to be exceptionally high! Wet weather braking is also superior to any other tyre I have ever owned.

In the dry they just STICK to the road (as you would expect). It's quite hard to spin the rears in the dry. You really have to give it a good 3000+ rpms and drop the clutch to get them to break traction.

I have not driven on the SP3000s as fitted to the 17s to give a back to back comparo, but I am very impressed by the SP9000s in both the wet and dry.

  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jteale
  • Guests
Posted
Yep, the SP9000s are fitted as standard on the 18s. (245/45/ZR18)

In my opinion they are an exceptional tyre in both the wet and the dry. I have turned off traction control in the wet a few times to see just how hard I could accelerate in the wet before getting wheelspin, and have found the threshold to be exceptionally high! Wet weather braking is also superior to any other tyre I have ever owned.

In the dry they just STICK to the road (as you would expect). It's quite hard to spin the rears in the dry. You really have to give it a good 3000+ rpms and drop the clutch to get them to break traction.

I have not driven on the SP3000s as fitted to the 17s to give a back to back comparo, but I am very impressed by the SP9000s in both the wet and dry.

On the SP9000's I agree they grip beautifully ... but they tramline rather badly ... my only complaint :w00t2:

Cheers, Jason.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...