Guest Craig Guests Posted 10/03/03 09:31 AM Posted 10/03/03 09:31 AM OkI've ordered one for my XR6T but apart from someone mentioning a sound noise none have given a run down on the system.I have 2 kids (really you say!! gee I thought the REX was for the driver :lol: ) and was just wanting to get some feedback from you other REX owners?So is it worth the $3 g's or have I wasted my money?So spill it!!! Craig
mjh Member 156 Member For: 23y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 10/03/03 10:55 AM Posted 10/03/03 10:55 AM I've ordered one too, I don't have any kids (some call me a kid) but I just like to have toys to play with. The only problem I have heard is that most DVD's are letter boxed and FORD hasn't created a suitable screen for the car. What I mean is that when you are watching DVD's on the 17.3cm screen and then it is letterboxed it is only going to be about 3/4 of the screen. However, if anyone has anymore information available I would gladly accept it as I haven't been able to find too much about this either.
richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 24y Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 10/03/03 11:48 AM Posted 10/03/03 11:48 AM I've ordered one too, I don't have any kids Planning on spending a lot of time in the back seat watching DVD's
Guest Xr6Tas Guests Posted 11/03/03 01:55 AM Posted 11/03/03 01:55 AM The only problem I have heard is that most DVD's are letter boxed and FORD hasn't created a suitable screen for the car. What I mean is that when you are watching DVD's on the 17.3cm screen and then it is letterboxed it is only going to be about 3/4 of the screen.Correct. Ford chose to go with a traditional 4x3 screen shape rather than 16x9 widescreen which is far better suited to DVDs. The only possible motive they would have had for selecting a 4x3 model is price, as they are inherently cheaper. It’s a real shame as a 16x9 screen would have looked so much better, and given a much better quality and larger picture.
NT TURBO Member 1,128 Member For: 23y 6m 25d Gender: Male Location: Darwin NT Posted 15/03/03 02:40 PM Posted 15/03/03 02:40 PM I have the rex system in my phantom, it was great for the kids on long or short trips.....but now it stop working, a new one is on order and once they get the alternator noise out of it it should be great again. I wasnt at all disapointed with the screen size either , its fine.
mjh Member 156 Member For: 23y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 12/05/03 11:48 AM Posted 12/05/03 11:48 AM I was just wondering, I have my car and they forgot to put the DVD player in it. It is going to be installed next week some time. But, I was wondering if anyone knew whether you could still connect a playstation to it. I remember you could on the AU series but I am not sure whether you can do it anymore. If you can does anyone know how much the kit is for it?Thanks
NT TURBO Member 1,128 Member For: 23y 6m 25d Gender: Male Location: Darwin NT Posted 12/05/03 11:29 PM Posted 12/05/03 11:29 PM Think so when you get it back it should have a splitter/converter with it, mine has spare A/V inputs, you should only need the car power converter. When its fitted let me know what sought of a job they did under your passager seat and whether it has the alternator whine.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now