ASNU Member 261 Member For: 23y 8m 3d Location: Brooklyn Posted 01/06/05 02:49 AM Posted 01/06/05 02:49 AM A.Wont let the Ford monkeys reload or reflash my car ,Really does stuff all the unichip mapps up from what I gather from people that have had this done.Has anyone ever heard of the V8s doing this?.
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 01/06/05 03:21 AM Posted 01/06/05 03:21 AM A.Wont let the Ford monkeys reload or reflash my car ,Really does stuff all the unichip mapps up from what I gather from people that have had this done.Has anyone ever heard of the V8s doing this?.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>V8's do it too so it is not just the sixes that do it.Ian
Guest jexbigin Guests Posted 01/06/05 11:38 AM Posted 01/06/05 11:38 AM Had the rough idle and occasional stall after the 15K service. Ford replace PCU and no problems with that afterwards. Now waiting on a new heater box and just today had indicator cluster replaced due to a short between indicators/dash lights/driving lights.So far everything has been under warranty but the car has still be in about 20 times.Brian.
pepe Member 41 Member For: 22y 9m 9d Posted 02/06/05 01:13 AM Posted 02/06/05 01:13 AM I had this problem before, took the t down to the dealer and they advised that it was the sensor. they asked wat fuel I used and when I said optimax he just said dont.Been using Vortex 98 and Mobil and have had no problems since. Just started having slight problems with idle
baboon Member 141 Member For: 23y 2d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, VIC, Australia Posted 03/06/05 01:18 PM Posted 03/06/05 01:18 PM I had a similar problem with my old EA and I think its common throughout all fords. To fix it I cleaned the throttle body and also cleaned the Idle Speed Control (ISC - controls the amount of air getting into the engine when idle ie. when the throttle body is fully closed) solenoid with a spray of carby cleaner. Idles smooth no and doesnt stall. Not sure what the ISC equivalent is for the BA's but I think its the problem.
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 03/06/05 09:16 PM Posted 03/06/05 09:16 PM Try a stock throttle body Ian
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now