Guest Guests Posted 04/03/03 09:00 PM Posted 04/03/03 09:00 PM FORD XR6 TURBO the car was only three days old and stock. 180 is how many klms the car had traveled, not speed, still running in.
CDAA WASP GT Member 138 Member For: 23y 11m 13d Location: Adelaide Posted 05/03/03 11:30 AM Posted 05/03/03 11:30 AM Esky did, with consistant 5.9s and 13.9 in his manual turbo. Any autos out there??Not that I'm sure how this effects the time (if at all), however is Esky's car a UTE?Regardless, I bloody good time and would suggust he's experienced at a 400m dash.As for Auto or Manual, it looks like you just can't loose either way.
Guest esky Guests Posted 05/03/03 10:40 PM Posted 05/03/03 10:40 PM Esky did, with consistant 5.9s and 13.9 in his manual turbo. Any autos out there??Not that I'm sure how this effects the time (if at all), however is Esky's car a UTE?Regardless, I bloody good time and would suggust he's experienced at a 400m dash.As for Auto or Manual, it looks like you just can't loose either way. Nope mine is a sedan.When racing my rotary, Pacman gave me the hint about bouncing the throttle at launch to get the turbo spooling. Difficult to explain, but the boost gauge doesn’t lie.It helps if you bounce the throttle and feather the clutch a little. Otherwise you get to much wheel spin.I’ve found the XR6T is a temperament thing. A little heat and your stuffed. On a nice cool night, she drives like a dream. In the latest issue of Zoom martin has some interesting comments on the XR6T driving characteristics during full throttle gear shifts. Could explain peoples perceptions that the auto is quicker over the 1/4.esky
Ford_XR6_Turbo Member 52 Member For: 23y 7m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 06/03/03 12:51 AM Author Posted 06/03/03 12:51 AM Esky did, with consistant 5.9s and 13.9 in his manual turbo. Any autos out there??Not that I'm sure how this effects the time (if at all), however is Esky's car a UTE?Regardless, I bloody good time and would suggust he's experienced at a 400m dash.As for Auto or Manual, it looks like you just can't loose either way. Nope mine is a sedan.When racing my rotary, Pacman gave me the hint about bouncing the throttle at launch to get the turbo spooling. Difficult to explain, but the boost gauge doesn’t lie.It helps if you bounce the throttle and feather the clutch a little. Otherwise you get to much wheel spin.I’ve found the XR6T is a temperament thing. A little heat and your stuffed. On a nice cool night, she drives like a dream. In the latest issue of Zoom martin has some interesting comments on the XR6T driving characteristics during full throttle gear shifts. Could explain peoples perceptions that the auto is quicker over the 1/4.esky Which zoom, what does it say, is it worth buying the mag.Or could you tell us what it says. :hiwelcome:
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 8d Location: Toowoomba Posted 07/03/03 12:41 PM Posted 07/03/03 12:41 PM For anyone interested. High performance imports magazine did a comparison on the xr6t and the twin turbo supra. The xr6t has 189kw at the wheels 9 more than the supra. Although the supra won this comparo due to less weight and a better turbo setup, I think it should answer at least half of the original question.
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 4d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 09/03/03 10:48 PM Posted 09/03/03 10:48 PM weird comparison, these two cars fall into completely different catergories
daninme Member 117 Member For: 23y 9m 10d Posted 09/03/03 11:13 PM Posted 09/03/03 11:13 PM I would just like to say that a friens of mine has officially imported an ecu from I think (belgium) doont quote me on this and has cracked the ecu code....his car has been boosted and has installed a booost controller with a front mount intercooler. im not sure I only spoke to him while we were passing I think he said 10psi.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now