Guest Banun Guests Posted 26/02/03 08:12 AM Posted 26/02/03 08:12 AM Southside Ford Brisbane rang today...my car is in the dealership and would I like to have a peek?Walked into workshop with salesman Wayne Bennett (nicknamed...coach)...me trying to act sophisticated and my ageTo mechanic working on my predelivery..."This is Mr. Daly's car"..."Oh...says the mechanic...congratulations...its a honey isn't it?"Beaming a grin like a four year old at Christmas I nodded to him and sat in it...the sports stearing wheel...the colour...everything..He's right..."a honey"Mine at 4:00pm tomorrow!!
mjh Member 156 Member For: 23y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 26/02/03 09:30 AM Posted 26/02/03 09:30 AM That's great Banun, If I were you I wouldn't be sleeping at all tonight.I bought my car from that dealer and the same salesman as well. What did you think of them? He seemed pretty nice to me. I had another salesman but he ended up leaving and I now have Wayne Bennett. Good Luck and can't wait to hear the stories.
Guest Banun Guests Posted 26/02/03 11:18 PM Posted 26/02/03 11:18 PM I have found Wayne very good. Always helpful and I would have no problem in recommending him or Southside to anyone.I did find other dealers had a "Mate...take it or leave it" type of attitudeBut NO ONE will give a penny off!
edge Member 90 Member For: 23y 10m 4d Location: Brisbane Posted 27/02/03 03:54 AM Posted 27/02/03 03:54 AM We hear lots of southern people who have XR6T's. How many of us live in Brisbane and own one of these. I have one, Dallas QLD picks one up today :roll: . I am interested how many on this site have an XR6T and live in Brisbane??
mikeford Member 25 Member For: 23y 9m 8d Location: Brisbane Posted 27/02/03 12:44 PM Posted 27/02/03 12:44 PM I'm in Brisbane - mine arrives April (have to wait due to premium sound, 18" wheels). Spoke to a guy getting out of his new xr6t the other day. He just said I'd be rapt when I got it.
tupperware Member 113 Member For: 23y 9m 12d Location: South Brizzy Posted 27/02/03 01:26 PM Posted 27/02/03 01:26 PM Brisbane southside - half way to the Gold Coast. 6000K on the clock and loving every minute. Mikeford, the guy was right, just a pity about the wait...April - oh the pain!
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 9m 1d Location: North Brisbane Posted 27/02/03 10:12 PM Posted 27/02/03 10:12 PM I get my XR6T ute next Friday - after 4 L......O.......N.......G months. I am on northside at Chermside.
mjh Member 156 Member For: 23y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 01/03/03 11:47 AM Posted 01/03/03 11:47 AM I get my xr6t in april!!!! Too Long for me.I live at wellington point on the southside of brisbane
edge Member 90 Member For: 23y 10m 4d Location: Brisbane Posted 03/03/03 06:34 AM Posted 03/03/03 06:34 AM I was just interested as I have had mine since the new year and still haven't seen 1 on the roads. Apart for Dallas_QLD who lives across the road...Still not too maany of them around...And for those who are still waiting...It's worth the wait...Time to drive home now....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now