Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 16d
Posted

Now on my 2nd XR using the T5 gearbox first was an AUIII XR8 and now the "T".

Anyway both cars have had clutch shutter from near new, it only happens on low RPM takeoff and even worse when car is under load (e.g.: Hill) or when the car warms up.

After many trips to ford dealers telling me they can not find a problem and often stuffing me around for days at a time I finally had my clutch, pressure plate and thrust baring replaced (Under Warranty) at Peter Warren Ford and what would you know the problem went away, NO the clutch was not warn out it was hardly warn in the car at this stage only had 3000K on the clock and yes Ford tried to tell me that is how all XR's are but please I'm not a idiot asked them why the in the first 3000K I had no such problems.

Also with the “T” I get a nice little clunk into 5th gear, I just can’t wait to take my XR6T into Ford and have the gearbox removed by a 16yr old apprentice who will by no dough forget to connect up something and if I’m lucky will scratch my car again (just like last time) but that is another story.

Since I have now had this issue in both my cars now has anyone else had this particular problem?

  • Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 30d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Shire, Middle Earth
Posted

I get a "jerking" or "shunting" when doing low speed/rpm sometimes. Just learned to live with it. :pooh:

I used to get a "clunking" and then a "crunching" when changing into 5th. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the 5th gear syncro (no charge) and all is good now with 5th gear.

:pooh:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW
Posted
Now on my 2nd XR using the T5 gearbox first was an AUIII XR8 and now the "T".

Anyway both cars have had clutch shutter from near new, it only happens on low RPM takeoff and even worse when car is under load (e.g.: Hill) or when the car warms up.

After many trips to ford dealers telling me they can not find a problem and often stuffing me around for days at a time I finally had my clutch, pressure plate and thrust baring replaced (Under Warranty) at Peter Warren Ford and what would you know the problem went away, NO the clutch was not warn out it was hardly warn in the car at this stage only had 3000K on the clock and yes Ford tried to tell me that is how all XR's are but please I'm not a idiot asked them why the in the first 3000K I had no such problems.

Also with the “T” I get a nice little clunk into 5th gear, I just can’t wait to take my XR6T into Ford and have the gearbox removed by a 16yr old apprentice who will by no dough forget to connect up something and if I’m lucky will scratch my car again (just like last time) but that is another story.

Since I have now had this issue in both my cars now has anyone else had this particular problem?

Hi

Mine had a clutch shudder when new but it actually got better after a few weeks of driving (or maybe I got better at driving ) now it just slips :lol:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 2d
Posted

Mine crunches into 5th gear.

I've had the gear & the synchro replaced once but the problem is still there.

It will be looked at again shortly during the 15k service. Have the noise investigated as soon as you can, as mine just continued to get worse the more I drove it.

Good luck

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 16d
Posted
Hi

Mine had a clutch shudder when new but it actually got better after a few weeks of driving (or maybe I got better at driving ) now it just slips :lol:

G'day,

Chances are your slipping was caused by you having to give the car 2000-3000RPMs every time you take off to avoid the shutter. I do not believe it is a problem we have to accept and learn to drive around the fault instead of fixing it.

Cheers.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW
Posted

Hi

Actually the slipping is due to the increase in power recently which I expected, however the clutch in mine did get better after a few kms to my amazement.

Frank

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 30d
Posted

I have clutch shudder, but only on take-off. Pointed it out to the dealer on the 15k service. Reply was "Yes, there is a bit of a shudder, and more noticeable in reverse, but at this stage, it is not worth worrying about"... :cussing:

Funny thing is, I pointed out the mud coloured clutch fluid too, and they drained and replaced as much as they could at the service. The clutch shudder disappeared for a while, but the fluid is back to a mud colour, and the shudder is back !!!

Hi ho, hi ho, it's back to Ford service we go !!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...