Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 12d
  • Location: Toowoomba
Posted

Mine did this once when it had about 4500k's on it after a run through the gold coast hinterland and back. Made a similar noise and drove real slow, went away a few minutes later and has never happened again.

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted
If you hit over boost whilst driving you can correct it by pushing the accelerator to the floor. :spoton:

Geea. :k24t:

he's cleverer than he looks, thank God

Scotty CCC

  • 2 weeks later...
Guest 56Mainline
  • Guests
Posted

My T did the same thing just this last weekend with the cruise control on at 115km/hr.

Burped & f@rted causing the cruise control to switch itself off, I dropped back to 4th & planted the accelerator & all was well!

Hasn't done it since. By the way, it's the first time it has ever happened & I've got 32,000kms on the clock!

Guest sancho
  • Guests
Posted (edited)

hrm, so ive got that to look forward to as well, I just picked mine up and its got 24k on the clock.

a mate was talking to me today and he said his mate has one and he was cruising along in his T and it suddenly started running terrible! he pulled over it stalled and he switched everything off, and started it again and drove away again, like totally normal! he reckons its never done it since!

???

Edited by sancho
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 19d
  • Location: Birkdale
Posted

Has this happended to anyone since they fitted an aftermarket chip such as Unichip?

Guest BJ XRTBO
  • Guests
Posted

Had this happen once with less than 3000kms on it. Fitted a unichip stage 1 kit at about 5000kms. Have not had any problems at all, now has around 14000kms. Runs like a dream.

  • zeke
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 17d
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted
Had this happen once with less than 3000kms on it. Fitted a unichip stage 1 kit at about 5000kms. Have not had any problems at all, now has around 14000kms. Runs like a dream.

Had this happen twice with less than 3000kms on it. DIDN'T fit a unichip stage 1 kit at about 5000kms. Have not had any problems at all, now has around 12000kms. Runs like a dream.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 6m 11d
  • Location: Blue Mountains
Posted

I'm real happy to say that I haven't experienced this since the first time.

Now I've got 4200kms on the clock and so far so good! (touch wood)

I drive the car in the same manner, using cruise etc, but the problem hasn't arisen.

I still get the "wooshing" noise, especially on these last few colder mornings in Sydney. But none of the coughing and running like a dog.

Now I just get a Sh&$ load of rattles. But that's another story! :blush:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...