Jump to content

LukB412

New Member
  • Posts

    5
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Reputation

0 Neutral
  1. Thanks, Keith. Greatly appreciated!
  2. Thanks, Keith. Any fluids in particular you recommend?
  3. Hi all, I recently dropped about 3.5l of what I assume to be ATF (bright red colour) out of my TR6060 in my NA 2012 FG MKII Falcon, due to some 1st-2nd stubbornness when cold and general notchiness. I replaced it with Penrite's Pro Gear 70w75, as recommend by some forum users, but I believe this to have been a mistake. After a few hundred KMs of improved shift feel, it has since degraded significantly. 1st-2nd is almost impossible without double clutching, and every other gear is noticeably more stubborn than before. It does improve when warm, but 1st to 2nd remains extraordinarily difficult. I believe I did everything right. Drained when warm and filled it up to the reverse lock-out hole on the driver's side rather than the fill port. My questions are this: Has anybody else experienced anything similar? Am I better off dropping the fluid again and running penrite ATF FS or even Redline D4? Is it possible that I overfilled it? I've also noticed several members on Late model camira forums citing 3.5l as the fill capacity on their TR6060s. Does it differ between theirs and the falcon? Would appreciate any help!
  4. Thanks, Keith!
  5. Hi all, I recently purchased an NA XR6 FG MKII Falcon with the TR6060, and have been searching desperately for some definitive information regarding what is the best transmission fluid and what is the correct fill procedure. Following some EXTENSIVE research, I have narrowed down the most suitable fluid to four options: Castrol Transmax ATF Z, Penrite Pro Gear 70W 75, Penrite FS ATF, and Red Line D4. However, the amount of conflicting information across forum posts is truly mind boggling... 1. While I see Transmax Z as being recommended most frequently, there have been reports of Castrol changing the formula some years ago, and that it is no longer suitable for the TR6060. Have any owners actually verified this and made the switch to a different fluid? 2. Is it true that, while tremec recommends avoiding conventional MTFs/gear fluids, the Penrite Pro Gear 70w75 is a preferable fluid for the TR6060? I see that it's safe for brass/bronze gearbox components, and that its viscosity profile matches that of DEXIII ATFs, but are its friction characteristics truly suitable for this application. Penrite directly acknowledges its suitability for the t56, but not the TR6060(?) 3. WHAT ON EARTH IS THE CORRECT FILL PROCEDURE?! Is the attached workshop manual correct? Some owners have reported notchiness when filling to 3.85l, and that the 4.85l figure is only for the T56? However, others have had excellent results filling to 4.85l? https://fordforums.com.au/wsmpub/fg/308-03.html I appreciate any replies!
×
×
  • Create New...