Jump to content

Desert_phantom

Member
  • Posts

    141
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Desert_phantom

  1. Hey there guys, Just wondering if you guys have had this problem: When ever I go around a corner and the roads a little bit bumpy the spare moves big time! It make a really loud nose, Ive tried packing it in with towels, foam wrap, making the strap as tight as possible, I just cant get rid of it! BTW its a 17" spare from my BA MK1 XR8. Cheers in advance!
  2. Hey there Guys, Well I know you are all pro's on the T, but I figured I would ask your help on the XR8! So heres the question: Do I get a twin system, or quad system. (Im looking at Full system, not just cat back) Quad system: what do I need to do with my rear bumper? I am leaning towards twin system though. I want the exhaust to sound more chunky, thump thump, sporty. However after the cat back system in the commo im scared of a droning system! I also have a very steep drive way, front bumper does sometimes scrape, but the rear seems good. So I need a system that wont go killing my clearance. So what sounds good, increases power, wont stuff comfortable ride and wont scrape??! Any suggested brands? Herrods? I live in Alice Springs so this is also a consideration. Thanks for any replies on this matter. The experience and knowledge of this forum can really make life easy! Cheers Joel
  3. Its like a trike or something. I wonder how it would go with a Turbo?
  4. Living in the Alice I use it rain or not! In fact I was sitting in the Maccas drive thru for ages last night, rain came across, so I just closed it to the tilt position. Nothing nicer than lookin out through to the clouds. It really adds a depth to the car and makes it feel a bit bigger. I would never go back. love it, use it every day, and unlike the poor fools in their non ford cars, our sunroofs auto close, so no spiders gonna get in during the night! One draw back though: At higher speeds it does add a small amount of wind noise, regardless of open, closed. the Internal slide eliminates this mostly though! trust me: DO IT!
  5. I dont even put that on. ← mate your a clown! love your work
  6. I dont think a turbo sticker belongs on an xr8!
  7. Re im averaging a super low 22.6L per hundred...aircon off, that's not tooo bad is it.....? WHAT the are you doing ?? The most I ever used was 15.5 Litres per 100km. ← Its not hard to do really...5.4L V8, driven around a smallish town (ie no real long stretches), on stock tune, exhaust etc running standard ULP. And hey with the stock exhaust you have to give it just a lil bit to hear it!
  8. Are you being sarcastic about that? I surely hope so. ← Lol hell yeah I am, a mate of mine has a 5L HSV work shop V8 and it averages like 16L! Well its the price we pay I guesss for the "V8 sound".
  9. Well a $1.25 L seems cheap compared to a $1.5 of a couple months ago! and besides im averaging a super low 22.6L per hundred...aircon off, that's not tooo bad is it.....?
  10. Hey guys I eventually plan to full exhaust, CAI, Tune and then the pretty bits... BUT As fas ar cheap bits and pieces, what do you guys think about decals on the front/rear windscreen, Any suggestions, You see "bad ass boy, drive bad as toys" etc but I just want some suggestions as to something a little more unique. Other wise people will just think its my Dads car or something! lol Cheers
  11. Yeah lol, im normally a little bit more switched on! But these speed laws are no laughing matter. Feel free to send some abusive (but constructive!!) emails to Clare Martin.
  12. Sorry Tab, Got carried away, only skim read your post. Im a lil worked up on this issue!
  13. "I think it's about time the NT woke up and realised that their lack of speed limit is the reason for all the deaths on our roads" Tab, perhaps if you were to look at a few figures of NT road deaths you would reconsider. The majority of road deaths in NT have nothing to do with our speed laws. These are the REAL reasons: overloaded, unregistered, no seatbelts, dangerous non roadworthy cars being driven Many many deaths in the indigenous population due to the above reasons. Huge amount of inexperienced tourist driving campervans and the like (high centre gravity vehicles) over distanced larger that the entire country! A very lax' attitude to drink driving A general disregard/no enforcement to laws such as running red lights and speeding in school zones (Only 1 speed unit in the Alice which is seen perhaps a few times a week) Huge amount of people with drug and alcohol dependancies Finnaly another real contributing factor is the amount of pedestrians killed by cars (Again a result of people collapsing, sleeping in the middle of the roads) I drive these roads and can tell you, 140 or 150 is easy work and very safe on long open raods for a well maintained car (Such as the T's and Xr8 etc) These are comfprtable cruising speeds, These cars are also brilliant well beyond these speeds. I struggle to recall deaths on our roads due to high speed on the Stuart Hway. This is a political cop out, does not adress the real issues, speed laws will not help reduce death toll. I will be doing all I can to do my bit against these laws, Until Jan 07 though I will continue to enjoy my freedom, COP OUT COP OUT COP OUT!!
  14. Hi fellas, I had intended to get an XR6T, but due to only so big a range in the Alice I ended up with the 8. The sound is beautiful and it drives hell better than my old common-dore... But I still wouldnt be keen to rub shoulders with you XR6T boys (and girls!) Its stock at this stage but I do look forward to doing some mods when funds allow! Its not cheap running an XR8 at 20!
  15. Hey there. Good choice of TV. Hitachi is one of the best plasma panels availabe and offer superior picture quality to LCDS, Rear pros etc. Hitachi is not perfect though: One issue I am aware of with Hitachi is a low quality internal Analogue tuner, so if you do use the inbuilt tuner for normal TV you will find that colours tend not to blend properly (eg a persons face where no real detail or tonal range exist.) seeing a panasonic or pioneer next to Hitachi (both running free to air) shows this up pretty bad. However with the world of digital TV its not really a huge issueand the good points of Hitachi far outway the bad. Now foxtel: The box probably has what sort of outputs... Composite, S-video an scart?. Definately go for the scart option.Scart isnt to bad quality. Scart to component cables are often a little challenging to find, but they are out there. A couple other things I can suggest: Run all video signals through a high end amp which is capable of upconversion. This will not improve detail, but should create a smother less pixelated image. Always use HDMI or DVI when possibe, whilst Compoent is good a digital connection by nature can carry greater colour, detail and even greater resolution. Definately get a Antenna guy to put a booster on if u have a little bid of an issue with reception. Hope this helps Good luck
  16. Hey guys, how are you? This is my first post here and yet to get my car LOL. I've currently got a VR Late model camira but after christmas will join u guys in the blue oval club. Cant wait to get behind the wheel of an xr6T. Any how, I'm in alice so I look forward to spreading a bit of the xr6T bug in this town. Also look forward to gettin to know my fellow enthusiest.
×
×
  • Create New...