Jump to content

Johnmal

Member
  • Posts

    39
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Johnmal

  1. What is the best oil and fuel recommended for the FG XR6T, there are so many types out there, I have tried only the V-power from shell and it seems very thirsty at present, I haven't tried BP Ultimate or Caltex Vortex yet. in 98 octane. I haven't tried any of the 95 octane yet.I would like to see which gives the best mileage, the performance is second at this stage, as the car has plenty of guts anyways. I haven't changed the oil yet however Castrol Magnetic was highly recommended, Mobil ! 0W 40 is a bit too expensive. Any help or assistance would be appreciated.
  2. Hi, I've read and heard that the line that feeds to the turbo should be checked or changed as it can clog up and cause damage. I have a FG MK II, and son't know the full history of the car. How much would something like this cost and who can do it. Has anyone had this issue. Thanks
  3. no the settings is off, I can't do anything , like change or edit the menu in settings, audio and iPhone is ok.
  4. Hi I am not sur how I turned the stting off on the radio, icc. I can't find on the menu, where I can turn it back on, any ideas, appreciated.
  5. Hi, I might have asked this before however I'm not getting many answers about changing the transmission cooler in order for it not to fail causing the FG milkshake effect and costing thousands in damage, has the problem beign fixed on 2012 FG MKII or should I spend $600-$700 wasting my money on something that isn't an issue anymore. Of course the transmission mechanics say yes better upgrade for the peace of mind, what should I do.
  6. Hi , I am having difficulty programing the 3rd key to the car as it keeps saying Vehicle Immobilizer press sel. I have changed the battery and have followed the manual instructions and have spoke to a ford service rep and he sai that I have to bring the car down and they get codes from ford and program the 3rd key??Pleas give me step by step instructions please.
  7. I have 2 other keys that work fine, 3 in total, how can I reprograme one to work, I have put new batteries in it and no luck. Flip FG XR6 key, any help would be appreciated.
  8. Johnmal

    Sat Nav

    I was wondering do all XR6 limited editions come with Sat Nav? Or is that an extra you have to purchase from Ford? If not how do you activate it or where is it? Cheers
  9. Ha ha ha, damn spell checker, OK than better economy and Peter economy
  10. I was told to replace the entire Transmission cooler as the factory ones can rupture coolant into the gearbox and that the end of it. Replacing the transmission oil or coolant should probably be done every 40000km like you said. Only the XR8 was recalled the rest got bananas. That's so sad that ford didn't offer it to every e since it is a major problem.
  11. what are the recommendations or do's and don'ts on the FG, I would like to put in a K & N air filter to get Peter economy performance and the rest. However how reliable are these cars, I'm coming from a Toyota Camry V6, lol.
  12. I jave just got my XR6T with 60000kms and I have been reading about a major fault with the auto transmission that it can get coolant going into the transmission and you're up for $1000s, what should I do? Get a transmission cooler or has ford fixed the problem, I have a 2012 FG XR6T, cheers
  13. Hi there, I recently bought my first FG xr6 turbo and it's a limited edition with leather seats and comes with 19" wheels. What is the advantage of the bigger wheels apart from looks. Also what type of fuel is recommended or is that another topic to start, I have a few questions, lol
×
×
  • Create New...