Jump to content

BigMoscow

Member
  • Posts

    45
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BigMoscow

  1. No this is on 98ron. I am chasing 600rwhp. I am explained that to them and this was the recommendation from them.
  2. Got a reply back from Per4manz here in Perth. They can use a gt37 housing with 66mm wheel and ceramic bearings. They have seen 650rwhp with this combo on pump fuel
  3. Fare call. Looks like Per4manz are getting a call to mod my turbo. Cheers guys.
  4. How did the t51 spool up? Got an option to get one cheap but worried about lag.
  5. Did you notice much gains?
  6. May need to start a new topic. Does anyone know if there are benefits to fitting cams to these engines? I know I am not chasing mega power but are there gains to be had. Better response, more hp. I can't seem to find much info. also, are atomic camshafts a dro in or do they require huge mods to the head to be done first.
  7. Could be.
  8. I should still have some. But much like the f6 I kept it pretty tame visually. I'll dig some up and throw them here with the F6 pics.
  9. I don't know if it was my 145kg 2m frame or the GTR or both but my wife and I stopped taking the car out. Got pulled over every single night. Bonnet up and just giving us a hard time. I understand they have a job to do but there is a difference between a $5k slapper and a classic with over $30k put in it.
  10. Def. waste gate. Even plumbed back in, it has a very distinct chattering sound when you leg go of gas. Perth police are on an absolute war path. When it comes to modified cars. In my GTR I used to get pulled over constantly. One of the reasons I sold it.
  11. I like the turbo idea. I will look into that further. The closest station to my house that sells e85 is about half an hour away. I have three kids and the youngest one (3years old) loves cars. We can't put him to bed or make him eat his food without gymkhana or some car craziness playing in the background. We find him in the garage constantly. Usually behind the wheel of my F6. Don't want to run the risk of him getting into the fuel. so storage is out. Gearbox wise I see that the cost difference is not that huge to go to a billet shaft so might as well. Plus will see about extra clutches while the box is out. as for the motor, we will see what sort of condition its in. Car was in very good nick when I got it. Every single service done. Plus you could see the owner loved the car. It could go boom today or last years pushing 600. No one knows.
  12. I am hoping to stay with the internal gated turbos to keep the noise down. External gates have a dead give away every time you let go of the gas pedal.
  13. Are there any slightly bigger bolt on turbos other then the GTX?
  14. Fare call. On the tyres. Well thank you guys. I honestly thought I might have missed something obvious but it seems that my goal for once was reasonable.
  15. WOW cheers. The car is an Auto. I realise that all engines new and old are a lottery. I am not interested at going any higher then 600hp so I am glad to hear the turbo will handle it. There is a very nice GT that rolls around with 305s on the rear (guards look very nicely rolled out to fit the rubber). He is pushing 650-680hp at the wheels and says that his car is just that little bit too powerfull for the rear tyres. As for the ZF Upgrades, will I need to go for a full rebuild or are there certain components that are the weak link? (I am guessing the input shaft will be ther first thing I need changed). Ill upload some pics tonight. Currently its a stock viper coloured F6 sedan.
  16. Hello Ladies and Gentleman. This is my very first post but I have read google has steared me to countless posts on this forum. So long time reader first time writer. I own a 2010 FG FPV F6 sedan with 70000km. It is completely stock but I am hoping to gain wisdom here and change all that. The goal is a reliable and consistant 600rwhp (450rwkw) on 98ron fuel that can be used every day. E85 is still hard to come by in Perth. I have been told by a few mechanics that FG FPVs recieved much stronger internals to their xr6 turbo counterparts, can anyone confirm that? I have recently sold my modified R32 GTR and all of the proceeds are going to this new build. I should point out that I live in Perth and would like to keep the engine bay as close to stock as possible as to keep the eye of the law happy. The bolton hardware is relatively simple. 4inch s/steel exhaust Bolton turbo upgrade (gtx3582r) hypertune or processwest intercooler upgraded piping all around Bigger injectors external surgetank and 2xpumps valve springs good tuner (most likely extreme ford tuning) Where I start getting grey areas is when it comes to oil, cooling, drivetrain and engine it self. I see people making 600hp+ with less than what I have written up and I see people spending a fortune on engine rebuilds anbd not making anything close to that. I would imagen that drive train would need some attention. But how much. I would like to take it down that drags a handful of times a year but I am not interested on going with slicks or chasing records. Would I need bigger cams? In my gtr I changed cams to more lift and left duration the same and it was like 500cc was added to the engine, are these the same? Would the bottom end withstand that sort of power or am I dreaming? cause if this is going to grow into a rebuild, do I just call atomic for one of there engines? Any advice would be apreciated?
×
×
  • Create New...