Jump to content

satz

Member
  • Posts

    65
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by satz

  1. thanks guys any input from FG owners on the effectiveness of their AC? cheers S
  2. hi all still doing the research on the FG XR6T before, hopefully buying one soon! One of the issues I'm worried about is whether the AC is cold enough for hot aussie summers? Does the underbonnet turbo heat affect the AC cooling? It did on my previous MAzda turbo... thanks
  3. perfect! many, many thanks guys Satz
  4. thanks zap! do you know if it can display multiple 'lines' at the same time? eg the track title, and artist and album ? cheers S
  5. hi all was wondering whether the standard audio display on the FG shows the song title, album, etc on MP3 cds? If the standard doesn't, then does the Premium version do that? and if they do display, can they show multiple lines at once (eg album AND song name at the same time?) cheers
  6. thanks guys sounds like I should search for a car that's already got the Premium audio! cheers Satz
  7. hi all still lurking around here hoping to get my hands on an FG XR6 Turbo soon! Question about the audio... 1. can the Ford Premium audio be retrofitted to an FG that just has stock stereo? cheers Satz
  8. Thanks ronski from what I've been reading, this clunking in the diff is pretty widespread... is the only fix to replace the diff? cheers Satz
  9. Thanks all for the great info I'll print out all this info and take it with me on test drives! cheers Satz
  10. rehab, what did you do with the red and blue lights? I had my first test drive of an FG XR6turbo auto sedan yesterday. Not bad. Deceptively quick. I kinda wished it had more 'neck snapping' acceleration from standstill, and maybe more noise and drama! Was easy to drive quick, perhaps too easy I think I do want one....
  11. many thanks guys! question about the premium sound- does it also come with colour screen? Or can the colour screen be had without the premium sound? Also, does the turbo version have the blue painted surrounds on the tacho and speedo? cheers S
  12. hi all am back here after many years in the wilderness (driving a Mazda CX7 turbo). Recently had an FG XR6 NA for a few days, and loved it! So now want an FG turbo Could you please let me know what to watch out for in buying a 2nd hand FG? 1. when did the FG XR6T come out? 2. have there been any production changes since it came out? 3. how good is the auto when used in 'manual' mode? Does it up and downchange quickly? 4. How do I tell for sure that a car has Premium Sound? 5. Any particularly expensive regular service ? many thanks
  13. satz

    Turbo Noise

    hi there You nentioned that it whistled when the AC was on? Perhaps it's one of the belts? From my experience these can squeal, when cold, if not adjusted correctly... cheers satz
  14. thanks guys for the responses so far! Harvyk is dead right, in that I'm trying to compile info before facing the tough task of dealing with the Ford salesman!!! :-) In the meantime, to get some feel of current falcons, I've driving the office wagon (!). Don't like the standard audio at all! Not to mention the handling, etc.... The gearbox downshift is far better than the Commode's though I'm thinking (dreaming?) of the current model XR6T with the 6spd auto Satz
  15. hi all I'm sure this is the right place for me to ask these (newbie) questions! I'm seriously looking at getting a current model XR6 turbo auto. 1. what's the 0-100kmh time for a stock auto XR6T? 2. what's the 'EDIT' modification I keep reading about? Is there a link with details about that? 3. what are some problems that are common to this car? eg mech, trim, noise 4. is the standard audio the same as in the base Falcon? many thanks in advance cheers satz
×
×
  • Create New...