Jump to content

dyates69

Member
  • Posts

    19
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dyates69

  1. dyates69

    BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

    I haven't been here for a while. I never saw if there was an official fix for the brake shudder issue, other than just skimming the discs. Has anyone found a reliable, affordable fix for this?
  2. They're 325mm. Is that the same size as standard on a BA? They claim to be the 'premium' replacement? I definitely want bigger than standard.
  3. Okay I've found the DBA 42104's. Can someone just confirm if I'm correct. All I need is a pair of these for the front. Do I need anything else. New pads? New calipers? I don't plan to replace the rear as I think it's only the front with a problem. Oh yeah and I've still got the factory 17's. Thanks
  4. Thanks for the replies guys. Very helpful. I wonder do DBA make a BF replacement unit. That might be my cheapest option. I'm not hard on brakes so don't need performance ones, I just don't like the shudder and think the current ones are too small. Thanks again.
  5. I'm wondering if it's possible to put bigger front rotors on a Mk1 BA Turbo? I've seen no mention of it elsewhere. Is it possible to put the territory size BF ones on a BA? Are there bigger DBA or other options available at a reasonable price? Thanks
  6. I wonder if we can organise a bulk import of fuel from Venezuela?! If I was an enterprising independant petrol station owner I'd certainly look into it.
  7. I'd say it's a typo and they actually meant US$3.63 a gallon for Sydney. About AUS$1.28 a litre.
  8. Has anyone fitted an aftermarket alarm system to their XR6T's? Are they really necessary after the factory immobiliser?
  9. I've borrowed a Tazzo and the best time I've recorded to 60ft was 2.21 seconds with TC off and a brake assisted start by revving to about 2500rpm and letting go of the brake, then smoothly but rapidly flooring the accelerator. The Tazzo claims to be fairly accurate but I somehow managed a 5.84 second 0-60mph time and that was with two failry heavy passengers and a nearly full tank of 98ron fuel. I was a little suspect of the time but it seems to be a good indicator of good and bad starts and the best 60ft time I could manage without brake assistance was 2.38 seconds. This would suggest that brake assisted is definitely quicker.
  10. dyates69

    Performance

    Good question. I would also like some auto vs manual times. Everyone seems to claim the auto is quicker but without anyone having posted any actual times for the auto.
  11. To those with March builds that don't find it droney, perhaps it wasn't the 1st of March when the changes began. Maybe you don't have the changed exhaust. I never drove the pre-march build turbo so I'm not comparing to anything but I still find it droney. You can adjust throttle to compensate a little but unfortunately that has me driving around in third (auto) most of the time instead of overdrive which means I'm burning more fuel. If I have an option to change to the pre-March muffler then I think I will, although I still don't know how it sounds, I assume it's quieter.
  12. Sorry, when I said 4x and higher I actually meant higher than 4x. HSRW discs are usually up to 10-12x I think. If they don't go this high, they're not high speed ones. Mine was a Ricoh that came with the burner.
  13. If your cd burner can handle high speed rewritables (4x and higher) they tend to read better in a wider range of decks. I have an 8yo Alpine car cd player that plays them no worries but won't play normal cdrw's. I think they're more reflective than the older cdrw's
  14. Yeah, I have seen those, thanks. But I don't think they address the questions I have asked here. Anyone find it too droney? Has it changed the characteristic? Did they do it to cut costs? Thanks for the reply though.
  15. I don't suppose you could point me to any specific examples? I have done a search and I found no references to drone or people thinking it was too loud. I figured since March wasn't that long ago there may not have been much conversation regarding this as yet. Thanks
  16. I've heard about this March build exhaust difference and I'm wondering if anyone finds it a bit droney? I have a March build auto and I really like the sound of the car revving but am not too keen on the drone you get (especially in overdrive). The magazines say this car sounds a bit like an M3. I've never actually heard an M3 but I have heard that they sound very nice and I'm sure they would. I'm wondering if Ford haven't taken away a bit of this characteristic with their exhaust change? I'm also wondering why they would do such a thing? Did the previous exhaust sound bad or underperform, or is this new version maybe a cheaper option? Anyone else have any opinions on this or on how to get the car to sound better than it does from the factory without increasing drone?
  17. How hard are these to steal? Do you need to add an alarm? I thought it was near impossible to steal these new cars.
  18. So if nobody knows, what makes people think that the auto can handle more torque than the manual box?
  19. Can anyone tell me the model number and/or specs of the Automatic gearbox in the XR6T sedan? Thanks
×
×
  • Create New...