Jump to content

jwill_baturbo

Member
  • Posts

    2
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jwill_baturbo

  1. I haven't had the time or money to get an error code check. But I am concerned that it may be a vacuum leak. There is a lot more noise in the engine bay than usual, but I am not sure if it is just because the higher rev. Will try cleaning the t/body and hopefully that works. The car is becoming dangerous to drive, as I have to consistently brake to compensate for the idle increase
  2. Hey guys, need advice. My xr6t has a regular misfire. I have checked cool packs and they seem to be fine. Replaced spark plugs to be careful. Also the car is sitting at a 2200 resting rpm both when it's hot and cold. When I put the clutch in to change gears or when I am powering down for traffic the revs spike to 4000rpm and do not reduce until the car has come to a complete stop. Furthermore I can now drive around the city without using my accelerator as the idle is rising of its own accord. If I coast while in gear the revs will slowly climb and force the speed to increase. There is a distinct fuel smell associated with the issue, causing the car to have an average fuel economy of 30l/100km Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks, Josh
×
×
  • Create New...