Jump to content

Mick Molloy

Member
  • Posts

    85
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mick Molloy

  1. I am at redbank so not too far.... But I only have no nice ride now ..... just the Kia..... I can ride Gun Shot... What is your ride ????
  2. Thanks Guys... heading to the local libary
  3. Where in Brissy r u ... I going to car lovers to Tart up the Kia Sportage after the SHOCKINGLY POOR offer I got on a trade from a xr6t this afternoon.....
  4. Here are some of the shots... my camera is USELESS after dark..
  5. You can also run in the Street Series and do some actual racing... its Dial your own time so all is even.... it adds another dimension to the drag racing experience. Click here to check out the rules..... OH and theres a round on tomorrow night..... Mick -- Looking forward to his new ride.....
  6. Great Shots... what gear r u using ???
  7. Why do tyre's blow white smoke in a burnout but black smoke when you set fire to them ......
  8. +35 years = lots of repairs for me to do....
  9. I design repairs for B707 Aircraft............ a cross between a Mechanic and a Mechanical Engineer.....
  10. I Have some of this pics from the last night on a little vid... Divx is required Right Click Me And "Save Target As" I have some more vids I have collected at www.xr6turbovids.tk.... some of these I have download from here ... I am just putting them all in one place......... If you want vid hosting just me pm.... and I will give you ftp access to upload onto the server.....
  11. Oh Happy Birthday Goobz
  12. Is there any good books or website I should be reading to learn about tuning efi systems..... I have tuned plenty of NA carb motors but never an EFI turbo.... NOW before you all go saying get a tuner to do it for me, I WILL I just like to understand what it is they are doing and why.......
  13. Here is the Aircraft maintenance manual for the 747 with CF6 engines oh and its Virgin Atlantics manual too (note the VAA under effectivity) CAUTION: DO NOT OPERATE MORE THAN TWO ENGINES AT HIGH POWER SETTINGS AT ANY ONE TIME. DO NOT OPERATE TWO ENGINES AT HIGH POWER SETTINGS ON THE SAME WING AT THE SAME TIME. OPPOSITE ENGINES MAY BE RUN TO PROVIDE COUNTER BALANCE THRUST. IF YOU RUN THREE OR FOUR ENGINES AT HIGH POWER SETTINGS, OR TWO ENGINES ON THE SAME WING AT HIGH POWER SETTINGS, AIRPLANE MOVEMENT COULD OCCUR AND CAUSE DAMAGE TO EQUIPMENT. I have attached a screenshot of the manual..... Maybe you should not sleep during the next engine run and take note of what is happening......
  14. I worked on 747's for 11 years...and as M6 XR6T said..... The ouboard engine were not running if they were up on power also the plane would be Jumping the chucks and on its way down the runway... Notice the Engineer only moves the #2 and #3 throttle lever fwd, the other remain in the idle position... Also notice in this shot of the gauges only power on #2 and #3 engine, #1 and #4 are not running... Finally some thing cool have a look at the mini twister being formed in the engine inlet, 6 oclock position.. I have added some pics to explain... <{POST_SNAPBACK}> So if you worked on them for 11 years, did you ever take part in an engine run after a 'D' check(that's a major overhaul for everyone else)? You can run a 747 with all four at full noise with proper chocking and brakes applied. Oh and a good blast fence behind it!!! I have slept on the tarmac next to the nose gear during these runs on many an occasion!! Hehe! They usually do it for around 3 hours... Chris <{POST_SNAPBACK}> SO IF?????? what r u trying to say...... I was in Major Maint for 6 of those 11 years.... I have done many an engine run and even with the steel chocks and park brake on, you would never run all 4 engines to T/O (100%N1) power on a ground run. You can have all 4 running but never will all 4 be up on full power at once, when running number 1 engine to T/O power you will bring #4 up on power to equalise the thrust. What section did/do you work in at Q.... Oh by the way I now work for Boeing....
  15. I worked on 747's for 11 years...and as M6 XR6T said..... The ouboard engine were not running if they were up on power also the plane would be Jumping the chucks and on its way down the runway... Notice the Engineer only moves the #2 and #3 throttle lever fwd, the other remain in the idle position... Also notice in this shot of the gauges only power on #2 and #3 engine, #1 and #4 are not running... Finally some thing cool have a look at the mini twister being formed in the engine inlet, 6 oclock position.. I have added some pics to explain...
  16. It was a quite night car wise.... nice XR's but... Sorry I didnt get to chat longer to you all. What was meant to be me going to the drags to check out some XR6 turbos, progressed into me and the Mrs and my little girl, then the Mrs invited her friend and husband and their 2 kids, then they invited there brother and his wife.................... so I spent nealry all night either looking after my little girl, explain drag racing to 6 people who have never been before. Next I go alone................ I did get some ok pics before it got too dark I will post them in the gallery section. Did we all see what happened to the Datsun Ute OUCH!!! looked like it lost a motor through the speed traps, turn HARD right and rolled and end on end about a dozen timesinto the wall...... fyiw he run a 9.8 @132 mph on that run....
  17. It is a test n tune night for all cars so you could have a Street stocker run one pass then a Top Fuel car the next... From this post there appears to be about 6 or so XR6 T's coming out to run the 1/4 mile... Wednesday Gates open at 5pm, Runs from 5:30pm Saturday Gates open at 4pm, runs from 4:30pm Cost $36 to race, admits the driver and one other. Spectators $18 adults, $16 students with ID Children 13 & under are free.
  18. WELL its raining here at Amberley now... BUT It is clearing to Sunshine .....
  19. Personally I think the Ice idea does squat.... by the time you do the burnout etc the maniflod will be hot again (my 5 cents, I rounded up) When working on start line and a car completes the burnout and stops then this unknown liquid pours onto the track... not a good look...
  20. Whose Bringing the ICE for the manifold..... If you do ice it make sure no melt water drips on the track at the startline or they will send you back... (been there dont that before)
  21. WoW looking at the pic from google earth the are resurfacing the track...
  22. I am an IDIOT.... :IDIOT: I just found the metric version of that calc... http://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_hp_dp_metric.htm use the figures from http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65519/IDQ65519.94568.shtml FYI according to google earth WR is at 182ft or 55m
  23. http://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_hp_abs.htm I found this for calculating RA relative altitude.. for today (1300hrs) at Willowbank-Raceway I used these figures 31c = 87.8f 1012hpa = 29.9 inHg RH = 60% the RA 2200 ft ..... could be a handy tool.....
×
×
  • Create New...