-
Posts
263 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by 86gav
-
Just made a small donation. I love this site and wouldnt have been able to do half the things ive done withouht it. Cheers Gav
-
Just got a rough idea on some rpeices to do it, lookin at about 2500-3000. Little more than I expected but still not too bad I spose. Cheers Gav
-
hmm, I think I stand corrected having seen seen the black rim pic, dont like the red stripe and mostly... yuk lol. argh I dunno, I spose worst comes to worst, you reverse it... cant believe im gona say this but im in. go for the black and gold pin stripe. or does anyone else hav any other combinations or ideas? cheers kristie.
-
Same here? I' keen Cheers Gav
-
hey gav's gf here. I know being a girl, you dont get much respect for your opinion on cars lol but you boys do like to impress us with your rides so I think my views on the cosmetic part of it may be valued haha (shut up welshy ) please god no! I think that looks so bad, too many different colours. if the car were white or black, go for it. but silver is an in between colour... gold, black and silver, just doesnt go.. if the rims werent gold, it'd be awesome aswell, but as it stand now? no.. just no. for the love of god back me up and help me convice gav lol. however, if the paint job goes ahead, who likes the idea of a rim colour change? can anyone do a photo choppy thing with black, silver and chrome rims? ta. Kristie.
-
350rwkw!!! Lmao, Hmm I think that might be tad optimistic. that's way to much power for your typical Hwy Mr. Plod.
-
Take this pic and reverse the black and silver - looks much better to have lighter colour over the black and it will also suit your wheels better IMO - gold looks good against black but not so good against silver. ← Anyone wanna do this? my photochop skills are way to poor Cheers Gav
-
The more and more I look at that pic my hand tyrs reaching for the phone to call the painter. Must resist urge to two-tone car, can't fight it....
-
Thanks for all the comments and chops guys. I reallly appreciate it. CSV LS1 and Ypurv4 I love your designs. Hmmmm this idea is really starting to grow on me, someone convince me to take the plunge. The girl isnt to keen on the idea though... Oh decisions, decisions Cheers Gav
-
f*ck em man, just tell em u only lowered it 30mm. I've never knopwn an asseor to actually get out the tape measure and check.. CHeers Gav
-
Hey Guys and Gals, In my ever present quest to remain different im thinking about doing sometihng ratther radical to my car. I am contemplating goin with a two-tone look. Ie; Bonnet, pillars, roof and bootlid black and the rest of the car lightning strike. Ive attached avery rough chop to show what it might look like but if someone with some more skills than me would like to have a go it would be great. Cheers Gav B4 After
-
Mate that is a steal. Maybe u could approach them with multiple orders? I would love a new coolant bottle. CHeers Gav
-
painting wouldnt be more than $300 at most I'd say
-
Just seen this bonnet on Ebay, looks good and the price is right to. They are also saying they have been approved in QLD. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-FALCON-BA-BONN...1QQcmdZViewItem Cheers Gav
-
Im keen as. Will be chasing 3 of them to fit in my new Pole Position Tripod when I get it. Would like to know a defiante time frame though as I dont want guages soonish and would hate to fork out twice. Cheers Gav
-
Then why is it this latest trend of removing spoilers started with WRXs and Lancers. No spoilers = hat backward try hard ← your entitled to your own opinion, but there are many people on this forum who think that their xr's look better with no spoiler and I happen to be one of them once the cars lowered with a nice set of wheels, the car looks far better with no spoiler. ypurv4 can post a pic up of his car if you would like to see how good the xr actually looks with no spoiler ← or this example..... At least FPV have seen the light ie; Force series DOWN WITH SPOILERS!! :protest: :protest: :protest:
-
Where abousts u located mate?? CHeers Gav
-
Fitted mine today mate, well have pics up tomorrow hopefully. The install wasnt to diffucult, nothing u cant fix pretty quickly with a 4"grinder. Only driven the car a little bit after we fitted it but first imressions seem that it is coming on bosst earlier and throttle respsonse is through the rooof. The actual quality of the it is pretty good and everything u need is supplied. Instructions do leave a little bit to be desired though. Cheers Gav
-
Thanks heaps Mal, your a Champ. Cheers Gav
-
nice. as for the 3rd brake light I have been pulled up numerous times and the checked over and the cops often ask me, where's the spoiler gone? never once have they mentioned the 3rd brake light.
-
Mate that's awesome, Boost an LPG go are very good partners, this is something I would love to do one day, be sure to post dyno sheets and pics of the install. Cheers Gav
-
Well done if that's a good dyno. Definately a wednesday motor in that one. Definately a good starting point. Cheers Gav
-
g'day mate, there is only 2 6mm buts either side and the cable runs through a big hole on the right hand side and just plugs in 2 a clip inside the boot. I wouldnt bothe with the grommets mate. Most good panel beaters will be able to fill the holes and repaint the lid for around $200. Or u could go the way of a few other members on here that just went and bought a new lid from the wreckers and had it painted. That way u can put the spoiler back on when it comes time to sell/trade. cheers Gav
-
Had an edit done in july, stocko as with kn filter and certre muff removed. Made 255atw on a very safe 10psi tune. Will be going back for a retune shortly and have my 660cc injectors fitted.
-
Bob Romano is also in Brisbane. He and his son Chris are very experienced race car builder/tuners. I had my edit done there and will be goin back for all my work from now on.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.