Jump to content

VelocityXR6

Inactive Members
  • Posts

    1
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Reputation

0 Neutral
  1. Hey guys, Ok so I need some advice and opinions. I just finished turbocharging my 05 Ba xr6 mk2. Used a Garrett GT3540 from a typhoon, Standard Ba turbo manifold, Standard turbo dump, Earls braided oil lines and filter, Braided water lines etc, 2 bar turbo map sensor, Turbo fuel regulator. Started and ran fine with standard 1 bar map sensor aslong as I didn't go above 4psi. Last week I got it fully custom flash tuned on a dyno. At that time I wasn't running an intercooler. It made a shocking 152rwkw on 7psi! The air intake temps where way too high (off the charts) so after paying the $1450 I was told to bolt on an intercooler. Couple days later I had fitted a standard turbo intercooler with custom aluminium piping. Took it back for another retune with more boost and timing being able to be thrown in. Made a lousy 175rwkw after another $200! I was then told I needed bigger injectors..... Bought a set of Bosch 1000cc injectors and took it back to get them fitted and zoned in. There running at 15% of there capacity with 85% left to play with. Pulled 196rwkw on 10psi. We agreed that 196rwkw is shocking for an engine with 10psi of boost, 3 inch pipe from dump to 2.5 inch cat, 2.5 inch exhaust with straight through mufflers, Cold air intake, Intercooler, 20% underdrive balancer. Ive now been told to replace exhaust with 3 inch system, Remove butterflies from intake manifold and fit a 12psi turbosmart actuator. They tell me if I do these three things the power could shoot up to 270rwkw. I don't think these things should be holding me back that much. Im running a manually adjusted boost T that is set to 10psi. Experts have told me that the butterflies in manifold don't affect it because at fuel throttle there fully open anyway and ive seen plenty of xr6t's make very good power with 2.5 inch systems. Pretty much if anyone has any suggestions on why Im making f##k all power out of what is essentially an xr6t with bolt ons that's been custom flash tuned, id appreciate it
×
×
  • Create New...