Jump to content

aps

Member
  • Posts

    1,505
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by aps

  1. any points for a cough? Scotty Scotty you crack me up with laughter..............well done...........well maybe a backfire ..............has to be worth something. :lol: Peter APS
  2. Now we are going to need a dyno & a stop watch for a starting comp, crikey . Scotty . Your Dead right Scotty.......... measure how long the engine takes to fire into life and then add the dyno power figure and then devide by 2...........now you have the competition Winner. :lol: :lol: :lol: Peter APS
  3. Well said XR and of course you are correct..............he who starts fastest wins. :lol: Peter APS
  4. aps

    Ford vs Holden Show

    You must be joking.........right............what idiot would build a drag strip with an incline? :lol: :lol: :lol: Peter APS
  5. Pete I thought you would have more faith in your product that to ask if I used gas! Mate only joking of course................well done on your 1/4 mile pass................awesome time....................for very minor mods...........go the phase I. :lol: Peter APS
  6. Mate it's certainly possible................APS has Rev'd the T engine over 8000 RPM................... though I can assure you this engine which revs to 8000 rpm engine could not be afforded by many T owners (unless they morgage the house). :lol: There's not much point to reving an engine higher (even 500 rpm higher) unless the engine is still producing power at that rpm point. Peter APS
  7. Hey Daniel I would be very careful how high you rev the T engine even with better than stock con rods..............it's a very long stroke engine..............and if you break any part in the engine it all turns to poo very quickly and gets very expensive. If I was seriously going to turn the T engine faster than 5800 PRM I would definitely be having a good look at many other engine parts first. The quickest way to find out how strong the base engine is.................just increase the engine RPM by 600.............it normally ends up in tears. Peter APS
  8. aps

    Ford vs Holden Show

    Hi Guys, We've just posted a number of pictures from the Brisbane show on the APS web site. Also scanned the dyno chart of the APS PHASE III (and a bit) from the Horsepower Heros competition. http://www.aps-xr6t.com/falcon/bris_show/bris_show.htm Hope you enjoy it George APS
  9. aps

    Ford vs Holden Show

    OK thanks for that I was not aware that this was the case, maybe some of the Brsibane based guys can post their times in the future, or just turn your T around and race back down the hill for a quicker time. :lol: Peter APS
  10. aps

    Ford vs Holden Show

    G'day Brian, I would only recommend Billet connecting rods to those owners who are planning to exceed 330 to 340 RWkW's (manual trans power) and who plan to do circuit work frequently (club sprints). I have not seen a broken con rod to date in any APS phase II or III system that could be attributed to the stock Con rod strength. That said APS will definitely recommend Higher strength billet connecting rods in the phase IV system and if customers want to upgrade con rods in the T engine at lower than phase III power levels I can asssit them, Aps has some excellent high quality Con Rods in stock (better than australian made con rods). Regards Peter
  11. aps

    Ford vs Holden Show

    Mate to be frank I don't really know...................most of my customers run at calder park and some have run at the New Sydney strip...............is there something unique about Willowbank? :lol: Peter APS
  12. Mate that is an awesome time for the APS phase I system, would have to be the quickest 1/4 mile pass and highest MPH for the least amount of $$$$ spent. Bloody well done. Whats your secret? Sure you don't have a bottle of laughing gas in the boot. :lol: :lol: :lol: Peter APS
  13. aps

    Ford vs Holden Show

    Thanks for those kind words, we are very happy with the power results from the brisbane show. Mate the T engine is currently in factory stock condition except for bigger valve springs, though we would not recommend any customer to run higher than 330 kW's at the treads unless the engine has upgraded connecting rods. I know that the C and V performance engine is running over 400 RWkW's on stock con rods though this is definitely running the engine in the RED zone and is a risky strategy and one I would strongly advise against. I would estimate the APS phase III + system is currently producing 650 to 670 Horsepower (flywheel) and this is definitely the limit of the stock XR6T turbocharger. The Turbocharger on the T is a 65 lbs per minute in terms of mass air flow and the general rule of thumb is every 1 pound of air flow can support aprox 10 Horsepower. You will see that many APS customers are frequently running 12.3 to 12.6 second times over the 1/4 with APS phase II systems so I am 100% positive that APS systems deliver the best bang for buck and high quality well engineered components. Regards Peter
  14. aps

    Ford vs Holden Show

    Ian, Thanks for that info, that explains why I heard nothing of the XR8 from the show. :lol: Peter
  15. aps

    Ford vs Holden Show

    Hi Scotty,Yeah I would have liked to have made the show, sounds like you guys had loads of fun and it would have been interesting to see Goldies beast in the flesh/metal. I will definitely make it to nexts years show and hopefully meet a lot of the Brissy crew. I heard the Romanos had a really good show and they had a lot of early model mustangs on display and a number of Ford grunters in the dyno comp,in fact I believe they won three 1st places in the dyno comp with an AU falcon 5 litre (390 HP at the treads) and Ist place EB Falcon small block ford (466HP at the treads) all Tuned via Unichip computers of course. :lol: I did not hear of anything of Steves orange BA ute, did this run in the dyno comp and if so what power did it produce? Regards Peter
  16. aps

    Ford vs Holden Show

    Thanks for that Peter If you bring the ute up to WSID can you let us know and we could organise to have a cheer squad out there Mate no problem at all and we will definitely run the Phase VI ute up in Sydney and it would be great to have the XR6Turbo forum cheer squad at the track to support the Badge. Will let you guys know well in advance. Regards Peter
  17. ran the car at calder friday night after getting the aps tranny upgrade and the cars terminal speed has gone from 109.65 mph to 114.75mph Hi Steve, Well done on your new PB at Calder last Friday night and excellent to hear that your times and MPH have improved since the last drag meeting. With a 114.75 MPH your T will go low 12's (maybe high 11's) if you can improve on the 60 foot time. Maybe time to consider a high stall trans converter. Catch up with you soon. Peter APS
  18. Congrats on your new PB's Mick you are definitely getting closer to that magical 11 second pass, I reckon with the right high stall trans converter and some sticky tyres an 11 second pass will be yours.............for sure. Go the T. Peter APS
  19. Mate well done at the show and congrats on your win...................goldie looks really awesome............great to see you have been rewarded for all your efforts.............and that extra 25 litres of GOLD paint. :lol: Peter APS
  20. aps

    Ford vs Holden Show

    Well for those that missed the last dyno tests on Sunday at the Ford V Expensive Daewoo show the APS Phase III+ XR6T saved the best for last and put down an amazing 572 Horsepower dyno run. We down loaded the identical Unichip map that APS developed for the 307 KPH high speed test run earlier this year, and the APS T managed 572 RWHP, still down nearly 100HP on the mega $$$ blown LS1 (we think a 6.2 litre LS1 engine) though not a bad effort for a completely stock XR6T engine. Peter APS
  21. aps

    Ford vs Holden Show

    Mate thanks for those kind words, though your comments on the ute have me a little confused. What ute are you referring to as the XR6T APS had on dispaly in Brisbane was a HgAg sedan ? The APS XR6T sedan than made 560 HP RWkW's (417 kW) at the show is a standard Phase III system plus one part from the yet to be released APS Phase IV system. :lol: We have a number of phase III + T's with over 400kW at the wheels currently running around Melbourne conducting drivetrain durabilty testing,if all goes to plan you will read about these cars in the near future. Will most likely run the APS Phase VI ute later on this year in Sydney, at the moment we are busy finishing other TT system projects and unfortunately work has come to a stop on the Phase VI ute for the moment. :sook: Peter APS
  22. aps

    Ford vs Holden Show

    You guys from APS make this statement before every show, and every drag meet. Still waiting for it to happen! Nothing wrong with being an eternal optimist though Good one Martin, and thanks for your words of wisdom. :lol: I think there would have been plenty of LS1's there today that were spanked by the APS XR6T falcon (with completely stock internals) I guess when you spend MEGA $$$$$$ dollars on a blown LS1 with a built engine you would be disappointed if you could not generate a little more power than a stock XR6T engine with a few bolt ons. Peter APS
  23. aps

    Ford vs Holden Show

    Well for those that did not get to the Ford v Expensive Daewoo show today here's a quick update for you. The APS Phase III T made 552 Horsepower at the tyres (412kW) and I think there were a number of other T's in the dyno comp flying the Ford flag..................the next closet XR6T was BCL from Sydney which made approx 480 Horsepower at the tyres (well done Brian). I believe there was a very powerful blown LS1 in the dyno comp with a Megs $ built engine that went 675 Horsepower, so the Ford camp has some chasing to do to be more competitive for the next Ford V Expensive Daewoo show. :lol: Peter APS
  24. Thanks Mick, I think Matt worked at Starr performance for a while..........it's a very nice Monaro.........he must be pleased with that time..........well that gives the Ford camp something to think about for a while. Peter APS
  25. Steve good to see ran a 12.65 second pass last night, well done...............imagine if you can get your 60 foot time down to where it should be..............there must be a very low 12 second pass in that T with a 114 mph terminal speed. Peter APS
×
×
  • Create New...