Jump to content

Bez1

Member
  • Posts

    6
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Reputation

0 Neutral
  1. I have just noticed a little whine (not children) at about 80-85, and it stops when take foot off accelerator. Is it worth taking in for a first fix, ie change gears or add some diff lubricant? I've heard works well ?? Maybe I 'll just tell them do whatever you have to, but dont replace the diff (based on the risk that I might get one that's worse?) Thanks in advance
  2. Hi All Done a search on this for previous posts, but no real help When I was driving on highway other day , slight - moderate uphill, in CRUISE, in normal "D" mode, about 120 , felt the car slow down to about 105 or so, and was surging. Wasn't a very steep hill by any standards (noting that big hills are not good for it -per the manual). Also, on a slight downhill, car moved from about 115 up to 125 and semmed to be increasing...?? Is this normal, or has anyone experienced it before, wondering if I should drive it more to see if its a random malfunction or just cause the hills I am going over are too steep. Reason I'm not sure, is I've done other hills with CRUISE on, which I thought were steeper, and it worked perfectly (I consider a 5km'h variance tolerable) Thanks in advance Bez
  3. Bez1

    Road Noise

    don't get your hopes up . I am a red blooded male ford driver. Fords from day 1 Brown 6pack XY Orange 351 XB (going to get fully restored now) - anyone got any good parts ?? MERCURY SILVER Xr6 turbo 2003 model with 46 on the clock and f### noisy dunlops
  4. Bez1

    Road Noise

    sorry did anyone mention that beaurepaires would give a trade in on these dunlops if I got them to put 4 new michelin's on.?? cro send me your mobile I will take the plunge and come for a spin with you when your in sydney, or call me I can send you mine via a PM.
  5. Bez1

    Road Noise

    My tyres are only about 1000 km's old....... can you get trade in value for "almost new" tyres.?, hate to throw away 4 "great tread but noisy" dunlops. but the michelin's are sounding very tempting........ I am in sydney eastern suburbs........ if anyone is nearby...... found the other thread on noise , and it has been helpful,.... thanks for that.....
  6. Bez1

    Road Noise

    Hi all New to the site. Glad this exists. Great spot to share ideas/concerns/information and whinges !! Anyway, my car seems to have a howling sort of noise when I get to about 70km/h and above, don't think its the motor, cause I whacked it into neutral and noise was still there. My mate said it was the tyres, which I think is possible but hard to beleive, but the noise did change/muffle when the road surface changed to a better quality tar. Anyway, Its got me stuffed, I just bought one of these as an upgrade from the old XB ! , so as to enjoy nice quiet driving. Has anyone seen/heard of this before.? Basically its a weird sort of hum/howl, coming from underneath, and its got me stuffed! Cheers Bez
×
×
  • Create New...