Jump to content

AtomiCg6

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    197
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by AtomiCg6

  1. Yehh sometimes I wish I listened to every1 and bought myself a RangeRover Sport, like I wanted lol They told me I was gonna have headaches with this thing And it was gonna be off the rd more then on the rd lol And I new that aswell, But Im a fkn stubborn *beep*, Ive done 6000km's in it and ive nearly had it for a year :( Ahh well, hopefully its all worth the money spent once im driving it with the huge smile on my face Im looking for a New Golf Gti as a everyday car, that should have enough punch to get me around I think lol
  2. Nahh only on the engine dyno, wat ever atomic do to it, not sure wat it is ? Its been running, but the gearbox I bought had a crack in the case, so when I've pulled everything out to change over, I've just decided to upgrade it once and for all.. Hopefully there's no other setbacks once it's up and running, I just wanna drive the fkn thing :-(
  3. Cars a while away again now, as I'm rebuilding the 2 speed bullet proof, the 1 I brought second hand wasn't the best, changing to a lower 1st gear putting 8 clutches straight cut gears billet shalf etc, more time and Fknnn moneyy... NOT HAPPY All this after I pulled it apart to put it in the new case, I noticed it had to be improved
  4. Dillz, for now let's see how it works, I'm not made out of money lol, if the combo works well as is I'm not spending another cent, it's fkn done my head in ATM, I just want it running :-( Heard the throttle intake systems on the fg are good enough to handle big hp, if not then I'll upgrade, I don't really care how it looks, as long as everything works together that's the plan :-)
  5. Sorry I totally dont understand this msg ? lol
  6. Thanks Andrew That makes me feel abit better I guess ill just go race it as is atm maybe put a new set of good pads, and check out my disks while im at it, maybe put a better set aswell, I think having a 2speed aswell will help slow the car down heaps aswell? I do have have a brand new set of fg f6 brakes sitting in my garage, but wont be racing with them, as im not sure if im going full drag wheel or just semis on the bak with my 20's on the front then ill put them on the front.. But my mechanic told me I should race with a full slick front and back.. first time out I might just have semis on the bak play around with the car, get use to it I think.. As ive never driven a fast car haha
  7. There was a couple of problems with the box that Mark wasnt aware of.. Ive just recieved a New 2 piece Reid case, and extension housing which all the gear has been swapped over, and it will be bak in the car tomorrow, Other then this the car is ready for tuning.. We couldnt of known the problem until the car was running.
  8. Hes a couple of photos of the engine and gearbox, hopefully it will be running by this wknd, Its off to get the new tailshalf fitted tomorrow, And then theres a few bits and little pieces.. ll keep use posted when it hits the rds, and when it gets tuned... +++ Sitting down With my Mechanic and working out my invoice tomorrow
  9. I actually think differently mate. Without the silver grill and foggies they look pretty poor, Gives it abit of a slick look specially running the quater in 9s lol
  10. Yehh im sure there will be a few cameras out, Ill organise a actually video camera instead of a sh*tty phone.. for the in car cam, I think ill just get a mates helmet cam I wanna see it on video as much as every1 else lol
  11. Lol I was thinkn the same Mark, does kinda look small in the engine bay :-( I was telling Hpf the same thing yesterday, we were talkn about the next project already, there like relax Johnny, get the fkn thing running first I'm sure, u won't be dissapointed haha, I said "mark wasn't" hahaha
  12. New pics of the build, All coming together
  13. Theres always heathcote where u dont need a cage or a chute But maybe 1 day the car will be in Sydney for the wknd, if there some event on
  14. well that's kind of the plan So I hear u dont neeed a cage and stuff at heathcote, its just abit far from my house haha But its only gonna be a matter of time b4 I put a cage and chute in it, for saftey reasons, not just to race.
  15. Heyy champ im actually abit scared lol maybe its worth wild u coming down hahaha I will keep u posted and looking forward for the end results :VB Beer:
  16. Lol nah no cage and harness, its all about keeping it as street friendly as I can lol Ill do a few half passes to get my launches right and get a feel of the car, and once im happy ill go for gold If they send me, Ill go home 1 happy man I guess, Hopefully with a record under my name
  17. Yeahh I actually thought it was a 698 to, well that's wat I asked my mechanic to order, with cams and headwork and girdle, and few other bits, but that was like 14g, so they just got me the 998 that came with it all for a few hundred more, so they surprised me lol Not sure ill go as fast as Mark but im hoping to get a 9 no worries Lets just wait and see I guess
  18. its a 998 and yes Marks old gear, couldnt refuse a good deal
  19. cheers, Yeah ill guess ill just wait till I race it, If it breaks then I guess ill save my coins agains :( lol Aslong as I get a couple runs out the car first, get a feel of it, and the mph is there ill be happy for now
  20. ahh ok, how much is it for a fully built diff, housing etc? I might have to look into it I think
  21. yehh the whole driveline is upgraded to to handle the power, lets just hope its up to power standards lol Coz fukk its gotten very pricey already, and im nearly over it and broke haha The only things that will be left standard on the car for the time being are the brakes lol not a smart move, but the only way ill fit a 15inch rim on it, and that's with grinding bak the original calipers abit, A parachute will be fitted to the car as it will be running 140mph+
  22. thanks mate well im not sure, but ive seen them making over 600kw with my setup, so im just comparing, Not even sure if it will make 470kw its only wat ive read up on from other threads.. But I wanna make sure the motor runs safe still theres always race fuel, but ive heard its pretty much the same as e85??
  23. Lets just hope the 10 second record can be broken with a G6.. That would get a few ppl upset lol not long to go
  24. well it wasnt my intention when I brought the car new last year, but I blew my motor with 377rwkw, it had a t4z cooler exhaust, and all the other little bits and pieces, Never got to race it :( So ive decided to put a atomic in it for reliability, I brought the new turbo and glide and all that at a good price so ive decided just to go all out on it, And u know 1 thing leads to another lol It will still be driven on the rd regally, Im sure it will shock alot of ppl when they pull up next to me
×
×
  • Create New...