-
Posts
129 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by shockwave
-
I have a problem whereby when I stop the car (at lights etc) then take of lightly, I hear a "cracking" noise which is not metallic sounding. I was thinking that this may be due to stabiliser bar bushes or something being lose in the suspension. It also seems to be a bit louder when it warms up or when I have the wheels turned. I've had this looked at by Ford and they tightened everything they could which minimised the problem, but its still there. My car has a bit over 30,000kms so hopefully nothing is warn yet. What do you think this could be? P.S. I also have a "hollow" sound coming from the rear when driving over small undulations. Is this the shockers?
-
I'm using a PureONE filter (Z9 equivalent) in my Turbo. Is this a good filter or you just pay for marketing? <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Your just paying for the marketing, there all manufactured at the same place and relabelled, now off shore since Ryco Filters closed there manufacturing plant here in Aus sacking over 200 people. :middlefingerred: <{POST_SNAPBACK}> The Purolator PureONE has always been made in USA... I don't think Ryco make these.
-
I'm using a PureONE filter (Z9 equivalent) in my Turbo. Is this a good filter or you just pay for marketing?
-
They seem a bit low, but considering the price pressure on petrol, its hardly surprising either.
-
My manager has had his BA Falcon in the workshop three times for the same fault. According to him, if his kids try to open the rear door lever and someone from the outside tries to open the same door at the same time, you cannot close/lock the door anymore as something either breaks or is dislodged in the door opening/closing mechanism. From what he told me, its a know BA engineering fault with no real fix. Has anyone had this happen to them and know what the real problem is? I don't want to try it on my T as I'd rather not give my car to Ford to "fix".
-
Have you had your 45,000km service around 2 months ago, and did they flash it with the new overboost flash? If so, I have the same problem!! My T used to average around 15l/100km around town, now its 17.5l around town after the flash. I believe its the new tune they uploaded to the ECU to fix the 'overboost' problem. Ford re-flashed it and nothing changed.
-
Did you know that hughsey actually used to own an xr6t in blueprint? I'm not sure what he has now though...
-
I had mine in to get the rear handbrake adjusted... They flashed it, now it feels sluggish, eats 2L more petrol / 100km! Can they do a flash back to the old firmware? This has p8$$ed me off big time
-
Congrats mate! Personally, I don't mind the stripes - unfortunately the pics didn't work so I can't see how you've done yours. Are they like the new GT-P (thin-fat)?
-
Any ECU flash timestamp would be stored in non-volatile memory, meaning that its not erased when disconnecting the battery.
-
Hrmm, sounds like I should wait a few more months for version 12.4.02 patch release 5. Where did they hire the ECU firmware programmer(s)?? Don't they have any concept of alpha, beta and release candidate prior to production of a new firmware version? Seriously Ford, give me a call if you need help! I wouldn't be surprised if there were minor memory leaks in the firmware creating havoc after continuous operation for a few days. Lucky we need to turn off our T's at the bowser, eh?
-
I use Shell Helix Plus (15w50) semi-synthetic.
-
There's quite a bit in it for something so simple. Thanks mate! I owe you a beer!
-
Anyone know how to disable the BA Falcon "lights-on" feature? Its darn annoying having your headlights on full during the day. I'm considering buying a used BA for my folks and many ex-fleet ones have this enabled which they don't like. Ideas / tips?
-
Brilliant! How many kms have you done already?
-
There's one at work hiding behind the 'cools light' barrier near the witches hat.
-
What's really inside the black (actually ugly aluminium) box? I hear that the most recent black oak uses a 32bit PowerPC processor. Somehow I don't think our run of the mill BAs will use those just yet (would be _very_ happy to be proven wrong though!) If I had to guess, I'd probably say that the following microcontroller is in the BA: * Motorola MC68F375 32Bit automotive microcontroller (256K flash, 16K RAM, 8K ROM...) They would probably have enough grunt and thermal stability to control all the goods. Any of you who have flashed the BA ECU - how big is the code size? I wouldn't mind knowing how much flash is inside and whether or not there's any significant headroom for future program expansion. I'd assume Ford use some sort of tiny RTOS, unless they want to torture themselves with homegrown priority interrupts and lots of case/jnlz statements. And why am I interested in this info? I'd like to use one of these ECUs as a reliable home automation controller for a hobby project. A BA ECU from the wreckers could make a great multi-purpose microcontroller... and its a great way to learn a bit more about what powers the brains in our "T"s.
-
I went to my Ford dealer today and they gave me some spiel that they never by-pass or disconnect anything - they wouldn't flash my T with the new overboost fix program either. I just want to check it myself to make sure they're not bulldusting but don't know how to do it. Do I need to get under the car and look for a clamp or disconnected plug? All I can say is they made my T burn 2L/100km more after the 3K service. Anyone know a good Ford dealer (eastern suburbs) that will flash my T with the new program without booking in. I understand the "if it ain't broken don't fix it" mentality, but I see it as a software upgrade such as a Windows XP service pack. If it makes my T smoother and go better, I'm sold.
-
Havn't done enough kms to really tell. To be honest, I wouldn't care how much fuel it used, as long as it ran as it was meant too!! Did they by-pass your boost soleniod? As when they did this to my car the fuel consumption really increased. From 13.8 up to 15.5L/100km. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Hmm, interesting - sounds about right. I remember the car feeling a bit different after I got it back. How can I tell if they did bypass the solenoid (and where is it)? Would they just unplug it?
-
Those of you who hae had the new flash applied, is your fuel consumption any better? I think mine went up by 2L/100km after my 3000km service (a few months back)... not sure if they had flashed it with some other dodgy image.
-
This isn't the first time I have heard this either. Has anyone tried an F6 flash image in their T yet? I'm assuming the ECUs have the same processor and flash size.
-
Recently I have found the Sherwood DV-S46 ($199 at JB) and Lennox STB500 set top boxes (selling out at $138 at Good guys) which are essentially the same STB (same internal electronics). Both have a car kit (cigarette lighter adapter) - I'm told they are used overseas to hook into NTSC car displays in Japan - and can apparently output 60Hz NTSC via a menu option. I bought a Lennox STB for $135 now looking at hooking it up (if I can't doesn't matter, for that price I need it for my in-house TV anyway). Has anyone tried one of these STBs in a BA? I think they're excellent value and they run much cooler than the Teacs.
-
Note: I strategically omitted the case where the Premium sound unit needs to be exchanged. :lol:
-
Here's an idea that I'm patenting: Addition of the entire workshop manual being stored in the premium sound unit... just press a few special 'hidden' buttons and bag - its all there in eBook format. That's got to be a winner!
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.