Jump to content

christopher m

Member
  • Posts

    11
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by christopher m

  1. so foot to the floor stops it starting? no didnt check oil flow.I didn't know how to have the oil line disconected and crank engine, just relying on knowing I did the job right (and checking every thing 3 times)
  2. just bolted the new turbo in today,with the new oil line and filter,and has been recomended to me to turn the engine over without starting it theory bieng that the fresh bearings get a dose of lube before getting them spinning too fast. my question is how do you stop the engine from starting?
  3. will try and post photos...
  4. thanks mate, now that I got the turbo out and looked at it its def. the bearings that have gone in it...and more than likely that would be due to exactly wot your talking about. ( 95k car, that I dont know the previous history on, and probably ,its never had the filter cleaned), Bit pissed that the tuner didnt tell me about this filter,when I had the car booked in for a B service and with the upgrade going on it at the same time. Seems obvious that after a tune I was going to give it a bit, so that info more than likey would have saved my turbo.Will be removing the screen before the recon goes in...
  5. thanks all for the feedback, good piont hiddeous about supporting local bussiness.where abouts would I find the oil screen, dule?,is that the same as an oil filter and do they come stock on the turbo? how often would you clean one?
  6. yeah not bad ,caught it faily early and drove only a few k's too get home.when I look at it it's about 1mm or less gouge.been ringing around a bit and I think I'll go to MTQ in malaga. they said that the'll inspect it and give me details as to the fix and the cost('bout1200 for a rebuild and 1860+gst for a recon)Just have to take it of myself. anyone kow of a link to a good video about that?has anyone had work done by theese guys? got any feedback?
  7. thanks jez89, maybe a dumb question but what is the cartridge?Ive had some rubfrom the impellor though ,is that what you mean?
  8. oh I forgot ,the other option for a turbo is a low milleage one from the wreckers.not sure about that one though
  9. thanks for the come back, I appriciate all respones v.much,now thinking of getting the original re-conned. do you guys know of quality operators in Perth. am also running stock exhuast. iknow the motor wants to breathe better but dont know much about them or dump pipes. any tips? cheers
  10. yaeh thanks for your comments,on the bent shaft,I've only looked down the throat of it with the inlet pipe of and when you spin the impeller by hand you can see the shaft is eccentric now, so I suppose its probably the bearings. not trying to lame blame with the tuner just trying to see how up front he is with me. reckon I can get the job done a lot cheaper than 2200.......any suggestions as to replacement or should I stick to original operating equipement..someone told me I should havethe 'waste gate enlarged'slightly while ive got it in pieces?
  11. Hi guys,just wondering if anyone else has heard of the impeller shaft bending on a phoon before? had mine boostd couple of months ago...(305 RWKW)16 psi...went for a thrash on saturday with a lazy half hour drive back too cool things down, no problems. went out on thursday and got 500 meters down the road when I could hear the impeller rubbing on the housing.tunning guys reckon its fairly common once you modify...I think that was what he said as I was still in shock that it happened and about the price he quoted to fix it! would appreciate any thoughts on this, cheers
×
×
  • Create New...