Jump to content

jacspeed

Member
  • Posts

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Reputation

0 Neutral
  1. hi, thanks for the info regarding cam timing, yes a vernier pulley would be needed to fix cam precisely, but we are not too worried about that!. Now you have gone a little of the way to describing ignition timing, and someone else also replied to an extent, I figured that we needed to get the ECU out of the loop to get to base timing, and it seems like I need to ground a terminal, which one I do not know?? but say I find the terminal and get her running on base, what should that be adjusted too?????? thanks Philip
  2. Hello everyone, I am looking for some help, to cut a long story short, I have a 96 xr6 UTE in South Africa,(only about 200 cars were imported) we had to pull the head to fix the gasket, we have no shop manual and the Ford dealers don't want to know, so we are trying to set the ignition timing by feel and have no base line, I suspect the valve timing is now off a little cause the head had to be skimmed 0.6mm. can anyone give me a step by step guide to adjusting ignition timing and also what correct valve timing should be. This is just a standard XR6 no fancy turbo's or anything like that. I will very much appreciate someones help Philip South Africa
  3. Hello everyone, I have just joined and this is an amazing web site, I am looking for some help, to cut a long story short, I have a 96 xr6 UTE in South Africa, we had to pull the head to fix the gasket, we have no tec info, the Ford dealers don't want to know, so we are trying to set the ignition timing by feel and have no base line, I suspect the valve timing is now off a little cause the head had to be skimmed 0.6mm. can anyone give me a step by step guide to adjusting ignition timing and also what correct valve timing should be. This is just a standard XR6 no fancy turbo's are anything like that. I will very much appreciate someones help Philip South Africa
  4. Hello everyone, I have just joined and this is an amazing web site, to cut a long story short, I have a 96 xr6 UTE in South Africa, we had to pull the head to fix the gasket, we have no tec info, the Ford dealers don't want to know, so we are trying to set the ignition timing by feel and have no base line, I suspect the valve timing is now off a little cause the head had to be skimmed 0.6mm. can anyone give me a step by step guide to adjusting ignition timing and also what correct valve timing should be. This is just a standard XR6 no fancy turbo's are anything like that. I will very much appreciate someones help Philip South Africa
×
×
  • Create New...