Jump to content

toca_rop

Member
  • Posts

    38
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by toca_rop

  1. After reading your posts JB I would definitly take it to court,if there is poor or even no signage and no crossing signs then theres the chance you might even think that the school has closed down
  2. toca_rop

    G Tech

    I tried a g tech once but I wasnt sure if it was accurate I could do reasonable times with it a best of 14.01 at around 100mph cant remember the mph exactly but it was telling me 0-60 mph in 5.5 which I thought was not right for a stocker
  3. Just the other day had a run against a mates manual vz ss ute we did 2 standing starts and 2 rolling starts from about 30 kph we went over about 1.5 - 2kms I guess, got up to just over 200kph and I beat him eveytime I thought over that distance he would have beat me, I was pleasntly surprised .Both our cars are stockers.
  4. the clutches can be quite tempermental in the t ,sometimes I can do repeated launches no problems but then sometimes itll slip on the first attempt its a real pain in butt.
  5. VG im not going to say your stupid im going to say your dumb Your saying speed is a factor in crashes,well so am I I repeat so am I I will repeat this one more time incase you didnt understand speed is a factor in a crash You say "Excessive speed has been found to be an important factor in approximately 20% of fatal crashes in Australia. However it has been argued that such figures are likely to under-estimate the role of speed in crashes" .Yes speed is an important factor but I have not said otherwise.I have been agreeing with this all along but then you come along and argue as if I say otherwise. finally I will repeat this again so perhaps itll sink in VG ,speed is a factor in road crashes.But this isnt the point I have been making now go back and re read PROPERLY what I have been saying.Are you really a cop or some 16 yo meathead with an iq roughly the same as your shoesize,I really hope its the latter
  6. The biggest problem in this country is the fact that most people simply cant drive,they are taught how to pass a test and that's it,they have no idea how to properly correct a rear end slide or how to stop a car with no ABS in an emergancy whilst still being able to control the car,people have no understanding of the physics of a moving vehicle.Until the powers that be actually start to do something about real driver education and training then we will continue to have no effect on the raod toll,its time they stop flogging the "speed kills' propaganda and get of there fat overpaid arses and do something other than sticking up road side registers.
  7. Now VG I will type this slowly so perhaps you can follow,and please read all of it as I guess you must skip sentences Speed is a factor in ALL crashes,the faster you go the more serious the crash I have at no time stated otherwise The so called crap I have been refering to is a compilation of data collected for the govt from actual police crash reports ,this information includes the time of day crashes occur, the day of the week ,wheather conditions ,road conditions,number of casualties involved in accidents,number of fatalaties,crashes involving pedestrians,what speed zone crashes occur in,type of vehicle,age of occupants,sex of occupants,crashes by apparent error,etc etc so all the info collected by POLICE from an accident.There is no manipulation of statistics it is plainly written in black and white for all to see and perhaps even you might understand it.It also shows very clearly that in the 38000+ reported crashes less than 1% were caused primarily by speed .The same trends generally occur in each state,as for the NMA I dont agree with everything they say but you said you never heard of them well now you have, by the way there spokesperson has been on the 7.30 report on the ABC, I guees you were out that night.You seem to me to be one of those I know everything and have been there and done that what I say goes im right and your wrong sort of people.I now await your stupid reply with dumb examples in an effort to prove me wrong.
  8. never heard of national motorists association did you bother to look took me 10 seconds to find them and as far as manipulating stats,go have a look at the sa government website where it is clearly shown as to the causes of accidents.This is official government information that is gathered from the police department so its not bullsh*t so you better go get some facts and not print your opinion , but your response is just what I thought it would be full of crap
  9. In my original post I stated that of all the mva's I had attented none of them were caused primarily by speed and I still stand by this, I also do not say that speed is irrelevent or is not a factor in an accident because I know that it is.To compare a race situation with real world driving is crap and heres why 1 a racing driver is a professional its what they do for a living 2 races are held in a controlled environment with gravel traps and all drivers are professionals they are all going in the same direction and drive purpose built race cars 3 when a race driver runs off the road its usually because there driving on the limit and sometimes excede the limit or have made a mistake in an attempt to win the race which is what there paid to do Average joe citizen's job when driving on the road is to go from point A to point Bin a safe and expediant manner whilst compling with the road rules The article I mentioned was in december 03 edition of motor and was not about what to do when pulled over for speeding as someone seems to think it was about causes of mva's.The report was done by the vice president of the National Motorists Association of Aust. ,with official information obtained from the SA government over a period of 8 years (1995-2002 inclusive) this information clearly shows that "speed" was the primary apparent error in less than 1% of all road crashes ,inattention accounted for 41.88% ,failure to give way 12.72% and reversing without due care 11.1%.This is official government information. Ive made my point and backed it up with facts case closed.
  10. A few months ago I went to an mva where the 17yro female driver was doing 140+ in the pissing rain around a 90 posted bend and ended up rolling several times luckily she was the only occupant and wasnt killed, but honestly what do you say is the cause of the accident speed or down right bloody stupidity.
  11. speed does not cause accidents it is simply a factor that determines the severity of the accident,its not really that hard to tell what the primary cause of an accident is when the driver is pissed or has said "I must have fallen asleep" .If speed was the biggest single cause of accidents then there would be a hell of alot more accidents than there currently is and the word speed doesnt mean going over the speed limit either.If we were all to listen to the crap on t.v about speeding then if we didnt speed there would be no road deaths right?
  12. I am a volunteer ambo in the country and of all the car accidents I went to I would have to say none of them were caused by speeding.they were usaully caused by fatigue,alcohol,drugs,inexperience or not paying attention.The funny part is I could do 160kph+ driving out to them but heaven forbid if I go 5kph over the speed limit when im going back home
×
×
  • Create New...