Jump to content

Big Dazza

Member
  • Posts

    33
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Big Dazza

  1. I like the look of the GT stripes. I have a black (absolute sh*t colour to maintain for anal retentive owner, wish I had a white one)BF XR6T. What is the general concensus on the striped look given that it is probably a love-hate thing? I am wanting an opinion on the best colour. I am thinking silver, but white or even something lary like orange wouldn't be out of the question. Also. I am thinking that I will probably balls it up if I do it myself. How hard are they to fit?? Feedback please.
  2. Here is the link to the "shunt" discussion on another forum: http://www.fordforums.com.au/printthread.php?t=11238574
  3. This sounds like a different thing to what my ZF is doing. I came across this "shunting" type problem being discussed on another aussie Ford forum, with a link to a UK based BMW forum, where there seem to be quite a lot of complaints re: this issue. I think the trans slams down into first when coming to a stop. If I find the link I will post it. Cheers
  4. I have noticed that my ZF box behaves weirdly when coming to an almost stop then taking off (ie at a give way sign, speed hump etc.). It seems like it momentarily drops down from second to first then quickly back up to second, making for not very smooth take offs. It seems to happen mostly before the transmission warms up in normal driving mode, but sometimes when warm. Is this a normal trait? I find it quite annoying. Possibly something to do with adaptive mode, and the car mostly getting driven like a pussy due to daily commuting (stays in second when almost coming to a stop). If so would disconnecting the battery reset the default settings? Not really worried as the car is still under factory warranty, however I would imagine that it would be complete waste of time getting a Ford dealership to give me meaningfull feedback on this issue. Feedack appreciated... Cheers.
  5. Not sure if I am posting in the right part of the Forum. I just got My XR6T (love it). Reasonably good economy if using restraint, Bad if not!! I know....... Why did you buy an XR6T if you care about the cost of fuel?......Because I just like them, but I also use this as my daily driver, and have a family etc..... I figure that if I am going to go LPG I might as well do it straight away to get the maximum benefit. I have enquired, and no-one in Brisbane does liquid phase injection, which is the way I really want to go. Has anyone gone gas phase in Brisbane? If so what is your experience, and who did your conversion? It would appear that to go liquid phase, I have to find someone who is willing to use me, or be used as a ginnea pig. BTW. Also interested in non-Brisbane experiences as well. Cheers.
  6. Got It!!! I am stoked with it so far. As soon as I saw it there all shiny and black, I was like the weasel (drool) and just handed over the bank cheque without even a test drive. I figured that buying from a reputable Ford dealer still with factory warranty owing how could I go wrong. I love the color (silouhette black), but its going to drive me nuts keeping it clean though. I am feeling the power; very nice and torquey, and way different to the VS. I also own a Kawasaki Z1000 but that's another ball game. I plan on keeping it bog standard for now Will post pics as soon as I get round to it. Cheers Darren
  7. Put down a deposit on one sight unseen from a Ford dealer. 24K change over on the road using my wifes old VS Late model camira as a trade. Couldn't wait for a 22K bargain I am not that patient, plus there don't seem to be that many out there. If all goes well I should be driving home my black 07 with ZF six speed tomorrow.
  8. Hello XR6T Owners, I am new to the forum but have been lurking a bit trying to find out as much as I can about the XR6T. I am hoping to purhase an 06/07 XR6T with the six speed ZF box for around the $21-22K mark with no more than 100 KLM's on the clock. I am willing to be patient until one comes up for that price and then jump on it. Maybe I have unrealistic expectations but I don' want to pay over $27K from a dealer. From what I can gather the XR6T gets OK fuel economy when driven sedately (I care because it will be an every day driver), and I have also been pleasantly surprised by the cost of insurance which I thought would be over the top. (I was quoted $570.00 pa from AAMI for full compr). You could say I am primed to get one. Are there any common problems with the XR6T?? I have heard of driveline lash and brake problems. Are these types of problems common or just isolated cases. Being an Aussie built car I would think that there would be some build quality issues from car to car. Correct me if I am wrong. Is there anything in particular that I should look for when purchasing? Should I stay with bog standard or get a specced up one? Common sense says get a standard one but if a good one with tasteful mods comes along I could be tempted to pay a bit extra. I guess a modded one is more likely to have had a hard life. Just out of interest how much would an existing owner have spent in upping the RWKW to say 270-300 with all mods done properly?? I see some of them are ex police chasers. Should these be avoided?? My wife has a VS Late model camira ex police that we have owned for 10 years and haven't had a single problem. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I am about 95% convinced that the XR6T will be my next car. Cheers
×
×
  • Create New...