adrian_celati
Legacy Donating Member-
Posts
82 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by adrian_celati
-
I own an xr6T, and thinking of a custom tune and possibly injectors as well. My question is regarding insurance companies - would they be able to detect if the car has had an ecu tune? could I get away without telling them or would it be too risky? Will they put the premium up if I do these mods? Has anyone had previous similar experiences? Cheers
-
The 2.0 turbo subaru liberty's got along pretty well and they weighed about 1500kg. Also the mazda 6 mps which was about 1600kg - I know that had a 2.3 turbo engine though. There may be a slightly bigger 4 for the performance falcons??? And ford are suppose to be developing liquid injection LPG which may be good for the coyote v8 - cheaper to run and more power. This may be a way of keeping the v8 popular. Maybe this is just wishful thinking??
-
Don't know why they don't just use the same v8 that's in the new jag xf??? It's 5 litres, has about 285kw in NA form and makes less emissions than the current xr6 turbo? And, there is a 375kw supercharged version too. It has direct injection and variable valve timing which should help bottom end torque and ford owns jag don't they?? Why spend money developing a new engine?
-
Yes exactly... it has fresh oil and I've been changing it every 5000k's. I'm using castrol edge sport 0w-40. Is this oil too thin? Should I use something else?
-
Hi I own a BF MkII XR6T with 73000k's on the clock. I bought the car in feb this year with 65000k's on the clock and have noticed a 'rattling' noise from the front of the engine. It didn't make this noise when I first bought the car and now seems to happen more frequently. The car is stock and has had all it's 'compulsory' services. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it just the timing chain? Thanks for your help.
-
I'm looking at changing the intake on my BFII XR6T. I've been reading a bit about the intake systems on this forum and would like to buy either the rapid systems or process west intake that goes under the battery so I don't have to relocate the battery. Both systems look similar so which one is better? Quality, performance gains etc... and what would each one cost roughly??? Also I'm interested in the induction sound. With stock boost will there be much increase in the induction sound? And one last (stupid) question, are both systems safe from water, ie being under the headlight will they stay dry?
-
I want to upgrade the brakes on my BK II xr6 turbo and went to repco to order a set of braided brake lines from PBR and they said they don't make them yet for my car??? I thought I had seen PBR braided brake lines for the XR6T before?? So where can I get them and how much would I be looking at spending? Also while I'm here, how much do slotted DBA 4000 series rotors cost? Cheers
-
Some sources say that there may be a power drop because it'll be hard to get 300kw out of a 5 litre v8, but toyota/lexus are doing it with the ISF (311kw) and BMW were getting 300kw out of 5 litres also in the M5 about 10 years ago, so I think 300kw is quite possible.
-
I'm located in brisbane, not sure what the ford dealers are like, I've only had the car since feb this year.
-
What's better about this motor? I have a BF MKII which is 10/06
-
My BF XR6T (auto) is coming up for its 75000k service and was just wondering what to expect when I get the bill?? Cheers
-
Does anyone here know what sort of power the stock conrods can take on the BF XR6T motor? Just wanted to find out as this will make me decide whether to mod my motor or not. Cheers.
-
Hi, I've got 18x8 inch rims from a G6E turbo on my bf xr6t and was wondering what are the widest tyres you would be able to fit on these rims? If they are too wide will they affect handling? Thanks
-
I probably won't go for R spec tyres just wanted to see what they were like. I've got a stock BK MkII XR6 turbo but I still find trouble with traction off the mark sometimes. My car's auto but I'll probably just need to work on my starts a bit more. At the moment I've got 245/40 18's dunlop sport maxx's which are quite new. Sometimes depending on the road surface the traction control light flashes through first gear. I can't keep up with worked WRX's up until 80km/h or so, but after that the tables turn..lol. Also want wider tyres because I want to take the power up when the warranty runs out on my car.
-
Hi, Has anyone fitted the Federal 595 RSR semi-slick tyres to their car? Were/are they good? How are they in the wet? And also - what sort of mileage can you get out of them if you don't fry them too much? ...and one last question - should I be able to fit 265/35's on 18x8 G6E turbo wheels? Sorry bout all the questions Thanks.
-
I'm looking at upgrading the brakes on my BF MkII xr6 turbo for when I take the engine power up to about 300kw I was thinking of replacing the front rotors with DBA slotted rotors and also putting braided brake lines up front. Has anyone done this or a similar mod to their car and did it make much of a difference, is it worth doing?? Also, does my insurance company (justcars) need to know about this? Cheers
-
yeah stuff fuel economy I want the power, I will go aheahd with the mods
-
Hi, has anyone here had a pre programmed capa flash tuner fitted to their xr6 turbo and did the fuel change much?/ thanks
-
Hi, I'm wanting to fit and custom tune a flash tuner to my BF MkII XR6T. I'm located in brisbane and was wondering where I could go to get this done. Is there anyone with a particularly good reputation?? Thanks
-
I own a BF MkII XR6 turbo auto and want to get a flash tune and SS growler intake fitted, I was wondering if anyone has done these mods and if they noticed a difference in fuel economy? Is it better or worse? Also wondering if these mods will take engine power to about 300kw?? Thanks adrian.
-
A 1989 R31 Skyline 3 litre, I like skylines but you can't any buy any turbo skylines that are newer than 2001 so went for something similar..BF MkII XR6 turbo...very happy with it!!!!! It has twice the power
-
Hi, I've got a BF MkII XR6 turbo and know that the 245kw at the engine is achieved on 95 octane fuel. As the ignition timing is controlled by the computer does this mean that you get more power on 98 octane? Does the computer advance the ignition further when you use 98 octane? Has anyone done any test to see how much more power 98 octane gives the engine? Thanks
-
Hi, I've just bought a BF MkII XR6T and it's stock (until the warranty runs out) and was just wondering if these cars attract much unwanted attention and how secure the "alarm" is. Do many get stolen? Thanks
-
No he drives a BMW and he was trying to talk me into buying one Don't some BMW's use the 6 speed ZF gearbox???
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.