Jump to content

boost-kid

Member
  • Posts

    80
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by boost-kid

  1. has anyone put one in/know how to do it??
  2. yep that's happened to mine aswell,and also on my gear knob a bubble on the top kept getting bigger and eventually has crackled and pealed off,,where can I get new bits to fix both of these from?
  3. smicky, thanks alot you have helped me out stacks and answered what iv needed to know im thinking to just go for a headunit now,although wanting to keep the clean look and run everything nice and neat through factory stuff,,I might aswell throw a couple hundred ontop of what a GOOD line converter would cost and get a headunit. just another thing, when installing a headunit into the tissue box holder,,does it require alot of cutting? and im pretty sure the controls on the steering wheel are lost when using a HU? ghia, I was thinking of doing the same areas you have covered, glad to hear it does make a big difference. was it difficult to do? (inside the doors etc) and for the boot lid,did you create a trim piece as there is no trim covering the boot lid?? (in mine anyway) do you have any photos? im presuming you purchased the dynamat trunk kit, was it plenty to cover everything you needed? thanks stacks boys for the help.
  4. thanks for the help guys yep I have a BA going by your replies it seems running a headunit is probably the better option, still going to think about both options though. smicky, im wanting to run only 1 sub,not sure where you got 2 from,and yeah im not looking to buy some cheap crappy equipment, id like to go with the better brands as you really do get your moneys worth and quality. really what I want out of my system is for it to be clear, loud and have very good bass. I was thinking of running better 5x7's in the front and 6x9's in the rear with spacers so they can fit,,but you made a good point about concentrating more on the front as that's what I will be listening to. will upgraded 5x7's sound better than the 6x9's in the rear?? and will they be as loud and clear? and also,,when looking at subs and amps,,what is the difference between the rms and rms peak? and what should I be looking at?? example (an alpine Type-X 12") : Power Handling * Power Handling (RMS/peak): 1000W/3000W * Power Range (RMS): 500W-1000W
  5. hey guys iv been reading a lot of the topics in here about different stereos and so on people have done. I am also looking to put a full system in my car, excluding a headunit, also going for the original and clean look. iv seen that everyone who has done that has been running line converters to be able to run RCA's to run all the amps n stuff,but the quality is not as clear as a headunit would be? is the quality difference a noticeable difference,and is running everything through the stand HU a big headache?? (wanting to run 5X7's front,,6X9's rear, 2 amps and sub) I am also looking to sound proof the entire boot and doors with dynamat or something similar,,with the thickness of it,will the door panels fit back on without problems? the boot should have no problem as it just the pull out mat. thanks for the help.
×
×
  • Create New...