Jump to content

forrestd

Member
  • Posts

    80
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by forrestd

  1. I've updated the confirmed list here For those who selected a preference,the majority were for Sunday. I need to confirm with WSID but it looks like we're on for the 19th. If you are on the confirmed list and cannot make this date please let me know asap. I will be contacting each of you about deposits in the next 24 hours. Duncan
  2. the WSID event coordinator is not in until tomorrow, so should know tomorrow evening
  3. we have 23 confirmed cars so far, they have supplied full details and have committed to making a deposit, so it looks like I'll be booking the track early next week. we cannot have more than 30 entrants (a WSID insurance thing) so if you are keen confirm your spot asap.
  4. any car is fine, just remember to confirm via email using instructions above.
  5. I'll maintain a list of confirmed people here: http://members.optushome.com.au/~duncanfor...d-confirmed.htm Forum names are across several forums, however all are unique. Please confirm your place using above instructions asap, if you haven't already one so.. Duncan
  6. Some more details of private WSID day, Please read and respond asap: Hire rates include the following: * Gates open 9am, racing from 10am to 4pm * WSID Introduction talk for those new to drag racing * No crowds, relaxed day, good for beginners too * All cars welcome * WSID safety people * Track Prep as required * Timing System and operators * Ambulance service and recovery crew * ANDRA event permit and public risk insurance * 30 cars only Individual cost is $146 which represents the $4400 hire fee / 30 cars (GST inclusive) There are no plans for any organised competition as such, just hone your launch and race your buddies or whatever. Requirements as per usual street meet: * Rego papers (if rego in company name, written permission to race from company) * Long pants and long sleeve top, shoes etc * Australian standard helmet, full or open face * Cars quicker than 10.99 as per usual ANDRA requirements Spectators This is a private track day, not a public event, however up to 2 spectators admitted per entrant, let me know if you want to bring more people. We might ask for a nominal fee per spectator. Lunch The idea is to have a simple BBQ lunch, sausage sizzle or something. Rained out? Where it is raining on the morning before the event, we will later reschedule or refund, less WSID setup costs. Where it rains during the event, a pro-rata refund will be arranged based on number of hours already raced. Video and photos There will be a video and photo disc available after the event. What next The day will be as relaxed as possible, with a view to helping others try out drag racing, whilst getting a relatively large number of runs in. I will be paying a $2200 deposit to book the track, therefore I ask for a $50 deposit from all of you to secure your place. We can nominate a well known forumite to collect the deposits if you prefer. If we dont get 30 deposits, we can't go ahead with the day. I have 48 people on the list and only 30 spots.. Those of you who have already confirmed via email get priority. At this stage I need you to confirm your interest by responding to the questions below via email to [email protected] * Forum Name: * Actual Name: * Day preference (Saturday 18th or Sunday 19th): * Contact Telephone Number: * Car Make/Model/Description: * Will you bring spectators (how many): * Indicate if you are definite or maybe: * Are you prepared to pay a deposit: Thanks, Duncan
  7. Guys I will follow up with details by Tuesday, hopefully we'll have enough people to make it a goer. If you know of anyone else interested please invite them, and let me know.
  8. Good news.. We have an opportunity to grab September 18 or 19 for the private WSID day (Saturday or Sunday). This is the only weekend slot available over the next few months, considering current WSID bookings and upcoming forum events. I will be contacting everyone who has expressed interest. If you haven't already done so, pm me with your interest!! If the interest is still there, I will follow up with details next week as you will need to pay a deposit to make this happen. btw, there is a slight possibility the federal election will be called for September 18 - we should know before Monday night. If this happens, perhaps we can still run the event on the Sunday the 19th. Regards, Duncan
  9. I am working on the dates now with WSID.
  10. absolutely. You need long sleeve jumper and jeans etc, your rego papers, and a helmet.. I'm trying to figure out some dates now.
  11. This will be a private, low key and relaxed day with beginners encouraged. XRTank and I have been a couple of times but we're basically beginners as well. We should see 5+hours of runs between just 30 people!! There will be a mix cars, but aiming to help beginners have a go minus the crowds etc. I'll get a list of dates, we don't want to conflict with other events. George and I are in for a grudge match - our last run was close - only 2/1000ths between us..
  12. If anyone is tempted by a private track day at WSID please PM me. Cost would be about $133 per head for the whole day, maximum 30 cars. Some XR6T and some LS1's
  13. that is FRIGGIN AWSOME
  14. I was talking with XRTank today he should be able to make it
  15. a few pics here http://www.pbase.com/forrests/wsid_220504 was difficult to get pics of the action lining up all day. Was great to meet everyone, and blown away to see some people running int he 12's, awsome.
  16. excellent, never been myself see you there!
  17. 6six6, that buddy I mentioned is actually XRTank, I think he might have pm'ed you today. - he's trying to get some work commitments out of the way for Saturday. Duncan
  18. agree, VK Group A, or possibly group 3. as far as stato.. perhaps this one http://www.pbase.com/forrests/ls8 (you might spy an XR6T in there too!)
  19. sure here is the email with my question: > -----Original Message----- > Sent: Thursday, 19 June 2003 10:13 AM > To: '[email protected]' > Subject: FBT exempt vehicles > > > Taxation Ruling MT2024 (and addendum MT2024A) lists specifc vehicles as FBT exempt where private use is limited to work related travel (including travel to and from work). > > My questions are: > > Is there an updated list of such vehicles? > > Is there any reason why a regular employee cannot undertake a novated lease for such a vehicle and obtain the FBT exemption, assuming they follow the private use requirements? > > thanks > > Duncan > They wrote back (regular mail) - here is the response: (3 pages) http://members.optusnet.com.au/~duncanforr...est/fbt0001.JPG http://members.optusnet.com.au/~duncanforr...est/fbt0003.JPG http://members.optusnet.com.au/~duncanforr...est/fbt0004.JPG A list of eligble and ineligible cars can be found here: http://law.ato.gov.au/atolaw/view.htm?basi...A/NAT/ATO/00001
  20. I today received a written response from the ATO on this FBT exemption thing. I asked them to confirm that a regular office worker in the finance industry can claim the FBT exemption for these cars (under the private use conditions of course) under a novated lease arrangement. Guess what?... it was a bit fat.. YES! In writing, signed by the deputy commissioner of taxation. I have since told the salary packaging people, who previously told me I would have to be a 'tradesman' carrying around a bunch of tools in the tray in order to claim the exemption. They were wrong. If I took their advice I would be out of pocket $18k over lease term. And they are supposed to be the experts..... So Joe Programmer working anywhere can take out a novated lease on certain "commercial" cars and effective pay hald the monthly lease payment.......
  21. I have a answer pending from the ATO on this (FBT exemption). The tax office called me last week to ask a few questions about it. Apparently I will get an answer in writing soon.
  22. problem is, my Salary packaging people refuse to believe it. I wonder what can be done to convince them. I have written to the ATO - awaiting response. I hope that is enough clout, any ideas otherwise?
  23. Thanks the MalooR8 for all this info (on ls1). Certain cars (such as some Utilities) are FBT Exempt where: a liability for FBT will not arise where the private use of certain vehicles by employees during a particular year of tax is limited to certain work-related travel. Work-related travel is defined in sub-section 136(1) of the Act to be travel between the employee's residence and place of employment or other place at which employment duties are performed and any travel that is incidental to travel in the course of performing duties of employment. Taken from here: http://law.ato.gov.au/atolaw/view.htm?basi...4/NAT/ATO/00001 the FBT Exempt vehicles are listed here: http://law.ato.gov.au/atolaw/view.htm?basi...A/NAT/ATO/00001 It s a bit out of date, but you get the idea. The only question is, can Joe Bloggs office worker - with a Novated lease - take advantage of this rule when salary packagin such a vehicle (which they drive to and from work).
  24. wow - this is awsome. I need to talk to an accountant. the saving is potentially too huge to ignore.
×
×
  • Create New...