Jump to content

ViKiRs

Member
  • Posts

    35
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ViKiRs

  1. Its done 106500km, it has just had a major service at 105000km Spark plugs, fuel, air filter, oil etc....
  2. Xr6 Turbo BA 2003 Model Hi Guys, Got a ticking noise just recently, passenger side at the rear of the engine which gets louder with higher rpm (1800rpm onwards). I toke it down to the workshop and they checked tightness of the manifold bolts etc and in short they believe it to be the Tappets or Hydraulic Lash Adjusters whatever they are. Local Ford Dealership doesnt sell the HLAs by themselfs but come in a assembly which comes with some other part, anyway $99.00 each, so do the maths, you have 24 of these suckers and that's $2376 just for the parts. I know its probably just one but still it remains a guessing game when the engine is pulled down cos you can not be specfic (so iam told) and means I would have to buy a few of these at least to give it a shot. And add $440 in labour for each try. Also I was told its best to do all of them, as there's only one now the others will follow. Can someone shead some light on this and would anyone know how I can get the HLAs by themselfs? I'm told they should be bout $14.00 each.
  3. Yep, if you want anything cut out of flat steel, round, square pip (mild, stainless, gal, alum) let me know !
  4. Yeah I've thought about that. And im thinkin I could mount the muffler on an angle or as it is, I could cut the tip up and weld them on an angle, so you would have a straight tip with a bent at 45 with the cut out. Anyway.....it may all be abit too extreme ....Perhaps like a dump pipe
  5. See photos.......
  6. Got a few ideas happenin and want to know what people think... and best bet that most of you have thought about it or already tried it! 1st Idea:- Twin exhaust but using the exisiting tip, (would have to source another stock tip) one on the right and one on the left. Question to ppl that have done it, what it costed or what troubles they had. 2nd Idea:- Replace the tip/s with same size mirror stainless rectangle with either the xr6 turbo cut out on top or a stainless barge of the same put on top, with colouring of course. (you may not know what I mean, and therefore will post pictures when I can) and 3rd but not related to exhaust:- replacing the ford barge front and rear with a custom FPV barge out of mirror stainless complete with blue & white coloring. And Help:- I need a 'XR6 Turbo' logo or drawing. It can be in any file format, and either colour/black-white. And bigger the better, prefer 1:1 scale at a min. CHEERS !!
  7. Well its good to see that most of votes are for 1-2 or as sum have mentions, none for a while. But I suppose as Bionic said theres alot of different situations and factors. Hopfully a good one is that most xr6t drivers are older and thus mature about their driving. A. to BFHoon - havent so far.....I dont even know if they have drugs test in qld. But they probably do and its only a matter of time before I get pulled up for 0ne.
  8. Hi All, I'm new to the forum and thought I might make my presence known by startin my first topic. (Forgive me if its already been asked) Just wondering how regurlar it is to get tested by being a Xr6T driver? Had my first this morning @ 3.45am on my way to work... Quick note, I was driving on a four lane street (2 going forward, 2 the other way) divided by an island or whatever ya call it. Police were coming down the other way and as soon as they saw me, they stopped & crossed the island in order to pull me over. 3 officers stepped out, 1st to check my I.d, 2nd to do the breathalyzer test and the 3rd to run my plates and checkin height and tyres on my car. It really it doesnt bother me but I have to ask, how random was that test? I must of stood out.... I was wearing my High-Vis Uniform.
  9. Yeah im gonna have to find myself a 'turbo' badge, as mines missing it. It would be hard to police the whole scene but im guessin they (p-platers) cant register the car in their own name....
  10. There is restrictions on performace cars for p-platers right!??!
  11. iam only Semi-Serious..... I mean to say theres no need to get worked up over a couple of p-platers. Their learnin the hard way. Im not a p-plater but iam a young driver, and as it says beneath my name, im still usin the training wheel. I have a very small record history and plan to keep it that way and in no way indorse speeding.
  12. Ya's all a bunch of grumpy old men! P-Platers Rock......Wish there were more on the road, then id have fun lining up beside em. (Not to Street Race of Course)
×
×
  • Create New...