Jump to content

vfast

Member
  • Posts

    70
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by vfast

  1. vfast

    My G6et

    Kids! Gotta love em.... I find cashmere is good, not as bad as I thought. It tends to pick up color from jeans or anything that it dyed. But this is easily removed with a damp cloth or some leather conditioner. Touchwood - mind is wearing well even with the ruggies....
  2. vfast

    My G6et

    Hey! I'm a Macca too - congrats on the purchase and the wait will be well worth it. I went cashmere and have a couple of kids also. So far so good, it cleans up easy but does show mark equally easy! Mods are cheap - tune is best bang for buck - do some digging and have a look at what Nizpro can do for you. Cheers
  3. Can tell you the tyres alone around around $420-480 each and I imagine the rims are $300 easy if not more.
  4. vfast

    G6e Turbo 19's

    Oh very nice! PLEASE come back and post some pics. Would like to see your ride on the 19's! Welcome to the club. You will love your car!
  5. Not sure I'm with you on the connection between history of how a car is driven and how this would aide tuning on the dyno. To my knowledge is pretty new, but wouldn't be surprised if this has been the case for a while. One step further - I know there was / is talk of VE commodores having gps tracking enabled for 'fleet' vehicles not sure if that ever got put into practice. Note also the same system can tell FoMoCo when it was last flashed, comparing that against service records to prove you'd 'tuned' your car.
  6. vfast

    My G6et

    Welcome to the club! I was considering it, and I know they look noice with bigger wheels. However dont really want upset the ride, it's great at the moment. Throw some pics up, even thought it's basically the same. Be good to comapre the darker leather with my cashmere, so see if you can get a shot showing the interior with the EGO! ;-)
  7. I went for a blat not long ago and tried a second gear start. Stalled it up to about 2000 rpm and then release, was a nice smoke show (had TC off)! Maybe the effects of no LSD starting to show?? Agree about first gear, once the boost comes on there's not much time to adjust throttle, best left to TC! TC does a great job, not sure what previous models are like, but it controls the spin nicely without really impacting or taking the engine off the boil. So far have only dispatched a rodeo ute - dont ask me why he thought he had a chance, I really dont understand.... Not looking for victims, but if people want to make themselves one, then fair enough... ;-)
  8. Has anyone got a proven tried and true method for getting Auto FG turbo's off the line? Seems the 'just floor it' works well , but stalling it up usually induces wheel spin.
  9. Dont forget a chance for Rego check! Was with mate in Sydney and got stopped on the way back from work (Mid week 6pm). My mate forgot to pay he's rego by ONLY 8 months. It was a nice walk over Gladesville bridge! Very costly night for him: Police Unregisterd $477 Uninsured: $477 Unauthorised Number plate (after giving the copper a mouthful): $425 Almost got a fine for showing wrong rego sticker (not sure if that exists) but he calmed down. Then had to get a tow $260 Blueslip? $150 (I think) but required a new Windscreen to get is passed another $250. Expensive night for him Oh and $30 taxi fare! That learnt him.... Copper was from Newy and I was chatting to him as he wrote out the fines, reckoned they would have about 5-10 cars in a 4 hr period for exactly the same offence! Booze bus was just a good excuse to go over vehicles.
  10. Hey Benny - got my G6ET the other day from Klosters. Interested to hear if the speakers made much difference to your sound??
  11. Thanks for the SubForum section guys!
  12. vfast

    My G6et

    Agree - it SHOULD be an option, not to offer it is stealing away sales from the G6ET. But seriously, everyone seems hung up on it, I dont find it a big issue. Maybe those putting boats in and out of water, or in low traction areas MAY benefit from a LSD. Just seems to be a lot of traditional whoohar about it (bit like manual vs auto). The launch from lights etc is the same with / without TC on, there's wheelspin sometimes around 3000rpm but its gone so quickly and so is the car! How many people go drifting in new FG's on 245/40x18's everyday? Maybe I'm missing something here!
  13. What possible motive would the dealer have for doing this. If it's warranty than Ford picks up the bill. Out of warranty, maybe the owner gets it done at his local garage. Not excusing the dealer for not picking it up earlier (if it was there), but to suggest they purposely waited is a long bow to draw me thinks..
  14. vfast

    My G6et

    Yep... I struggled with the FG's looks coming from their web site gotta tell ya. In the flesh they are very nice. Those strong lines on the bonnet and down the body make it. The arse end is also fantasticly done. Reckon I went ok on the camera work too
  15. vfast

    My G6et

    Oh BTW - the stock NSW plates will be going just as fast as the RTA can supply my remade personal plates So glad I got the cashmere interior, it's really nice and classy. Sets the car apart from the doom and gloom standard aust. car leather I think
  16. vfast

    My G6et

    Got my G6ET last Friday. After some loving with Meguiars grabbed this pic the other morning. Fantastic car, thought the lack of LSD would be an issue, it really isn't! Plenty of power down action, not the sort of car I want to be doing burn outs in anyway ;-)
  17. The joys of aftermarket. Most dealers seem to have a source for them. Around $2k is the asking price.
  18. Damn - and here I was thinking that mine was going to be unqiue. Guess there's no such thing! Ego seems very popular, maybe ford should advertise some other colors on the TV! Mine arrives Friday. Ego with cash trim, tint! Cant wait!
  19. vfast

    Picked Up G6et

    There's a difference between stained/marked and just scuffed. Everyone I've talked to says all marks have wiped off easily so far.
  20. Smells like SG Fleet type of quote?? Just ask them, they have to tell you how much you are financing! Then ask them to remove that protection pack and really get ready for a surprise!
  21. vfast

    Picked Up G6et

    I'm starting to think those 19"'s are 'the horn'. Can you comment on the ride quality? I guess hard if you have nothing to compare it to?
  22. vfast

    Picked Up G6et

    What happened to the pics?!
  23. Thanks for the reply. How much does Altapak charge, do you know what films they are using etc?
  24. Did a search, but couldn't seem to see anyone's post about experience with Tinters in Newcastle. Stealer is offering to tint my G6ET for $280. Says it's "3M" tint.... Anyone's recommendations appreciated!
  25. I checked out that link. Mine is a 2nd Gen Nano 4Gb and it's on the list of supported ipods. HOWEVER - the G6ET I drove on the weekend whilst it played and functioned. The ICC reported it as NOT SUPPORTED the whole time. Yes - I have the latest firmware... Seems there's a difference between compatible and fully functional. Wont worry me, time for a bigger better one just for the G6ET!
×
×
  • Create New...