Jump to content

justblowinin

Member
  • Posts

    5
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by justblowinin

  1. Damn those windscreen washer blokes play hard to get their money for the service hahahahahahahaha :
  2. Hi guys, Okay this will probably annoy a few but hey im in here reading as much as totally possible about the little shopping trolley BA Turbo Im really enjoying. I mainly aim my performance end at V8 Expensive Daewoo and Chevs( I can here everyone poking tongues out!!) But alas im quite fond of the daily driver and looking to upgrade further. The main problem is that I cant seem to get ANYONE to agree on power levels that will kill the poor little 4.0 ltr and its associated 4 speed auto. I know the Valve springs and Rods in my model are pissy things and need to be well aware of power levels, BUT WHAT ARE THEY. Yes I know, how long is a piece of string. Also there seem to be all sorts of levels for the gear box aswell. Long story short........Rods in a MK 1 Valve springs Gearbox (4 speed auto) CV'S Motor at present is making 230rwkw with tune and 3in exhaust. Want to go for the injectors, pump, growler intake, try to make about 280rwkw.BUT I dont want to be repairing this thing every second week. Its a daily driver!! Okies Guys hope you can help out a "cough splutter" turbo convert. Cheers PS how good was that little bit on the turbo solonoid maintenance( did mine let it soak overnight, woke up ran to work in new car,hahahhaha, much smoother, boost earlier and more progressive, and added advantage of smoother 1st to 2nd change, who would have thought from a bit of INOX!!)
  3. Yeh sorry guys , forgot the all important gearbox type. its an auto. I have played around with trying to spool it up whilst on the brake, but the dear old thing wont go over about 2k, seems the breaks overpower the engine easily off boost. Or there is something in the program that wont let you get the engine to try and overpower the brakes. Such a shame, cause the engine responds very nicely once your running, but I miss that smack out of the hole.
  4. Hey guys, Newby here to the world of XRTurbo. Ive got a BA 03 running approx 250RWKW, (hey its the little ladies shopping trolley) but Im lost as to trying to get a little bit more launch out of it, basically it feels like the mail man will outrun me of the line. once your away its fine, but its just the initial takeoff, anyone got any ideas that wont bust the gearbox? Cheers
×
×
  • Create New...