Jump to content

evo122

Member
  • Posts

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by evo122

  1. I've just gone thru the painful process of repairing a bent axle on a ute. The axle was bent after bumping a gutter upon a swift, and spectacular I might add, exit from a round-a-bout. The car was driveable, however there was an annoying squeak noticeable as the brake caliper was pulled back and forth with the 'wobble' of the axle. Ford wanted upwards of $650 for a new axle (pfffttttt), and my next best option at the time was to have a new one machined from some form of 'blank' axle template at a cost of around $450, and there was a bit of a lead time sourcing one with a 30 spline. After more investigation I found a mob called D&R differentials in Sydney who were able to straighten the axle for around $100. I freighted the axle from newcastle and had it returned 2 days later. I have refitted the axle to the car with a new bearing/seal and all is well and good. (Total cost of about $210) Hope this saves anyone with a similar problem a bit of coin. Up yours to fords parts department. Cheers
  2. yeah I think ill lower the boost back to, say 9psi, for the time being to see how things are holding up for myself
  3. Cheers lads. lol So getting back on topic... what are your opinions on a power level which will still yield a relaible car. given that it is a daily driver but I give it some stick from time to time
  4. Hi all, 1st post. Ive just picked up a very nice manual BA mk11 ute and its got a full 3 inch exhaust, capa edit, F6 intercooler, running 12psi boost. I am after some adivce on what sort of power I might be looking at (im guessing about 320kW??) and how the standard drivelines tend to hold up. Particularily the diff asI am a little wary of a minor whine I hear. I would rather not be replacing bits and pieces, for now, for the sake of changing the edit and lowering the boost. Should I reduce the boost to be on the safe side of standard component limitations and avoid problems? Cheers
×
×
  • Create New...