Jump to content

destino

Member
  • Posts

    25
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by destino

  1. Thanks for the advice Mush appreciated
  2. No I havent used or heard of them. Thanks for suppling the link
  3. haha, should I even bother to ask how much?
  4. Great work mate. Post up a dyno sheet to if you have it
  5. It just doesn't make much sense when you factor in the cost of individual packaging haha Oh well, such is life I guess it's not to much of an inconvenience for myself I was just hoping it was going to be more cost effective to buy in a greater quantity
  6. So can be either sensor or "combo switch"? Any ideas how to find out which it might be? It is a 2005 BF xr6t Thanks for the replies guys
  7. Hey all, Does anyone know where I can buy a cheap second hand diff in Vic for my 6 speed manual? Looking for 3.73 ratio (I am selling car and want to take my Kazz out and sell it separately) Any ideas appreciated -Daniel
  8. how stupid. tried chasing some and like you said, it was going to cost me more than if I bought individual bottles.
  9. Has anyone had much luck with the nolathane bush??
  10. Thanks for the feedback. Will look into the superpro
  11. I assume there is obviously not many other options other than nolathane or superpro?
  12. What an absolute waste of money that mount was.
  13. or malwoods option 4 clutch??
  14. I'm interested to see where this goes as I have not been able to find it. Any info would be great
  15. Well there you go, you can buy them already strengthened. I’m sure it'll be a similar concept, unless it's a new aluminium casted cover?
  16. hahah sounds like im not the only one waiting so long to get over 300, now, how long to wait before we aim for the 400? haha
  17. not to stupid I say. could it have anything to do with a Kazz diff I have?
  18. Hey, You should look into the option of welded up some aluminium reinforcement plates to the diff cover as I did a few years ago, she's been holding strong since (Considering it is the cover you broke as I did last time)
  19. Hi all, was changing my diff oil the other day and realised that the diff bush already was cracking (standard ford one) I only replaced it no more that 20,000km ago Surely it's life span should be longer than that...???
  20. I had similar symptoms/problems with mine, turns out it was my rack
  21. Hi all, Have a slight problem, the auto driving lights do not automatically turn on at night any more. Ive just noticed this the other day. Any ideas?
  22. Thanks quik1 Spoke to the guys at Albins and they told me that the inner star on my shaft had been moved the wrong way. I then went down to my drive shaft repairer and explained what he had done was wrong so he fixed mine how it should be, free of charge All sorted. Thanks -Daniel
  23. Hi all, After busting my 4th cv on the same side, I decided to open and inspect what keeps failing instead of taking it back to the same place that has repaired it the previous times. I found that the inner star was tack welded 5mm offset (compared to where circlip slots where) towards the end of the shaft. I've heard some people that have low cars have made a modification to the shaft where they machine new slots where the circlips sit that hold the inner start. What my question is with this modification, Does the inner star sit Further Out on the shaft (towards cv joint) or Further In on the shaft (towards center of shaft)???? Any help would be appreciated as I will speak to the workshop today Thanks -Daniel
  24. Hey guys thanks alot for the help. much appreciated. will buy new chain and pulley and hope everything else is ok. have a good one -Daniel
  25. Does anyone know how to install the timing chain on the xr6t's? The top is self evident (two yellow links align with 2 markings on cam pulleys) But not to sure on the bottom. I think my chain might have skipped a link on a heavy down gear. Car rev’s died and engine shutdown. When I tried starting it, sounded as if it was out of time. Not to sure if the marking on the bottom pulley is were the bottom yellow link of the chain must line up. Here’s a pic of the bottom timing pulley. Any help appreciated -Daniel
×
×
  • Create New...