CSP
Member-
Posts
89 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by CSP
-
that was the intention...
-
that's not the answer. You could also argue, which is just as important, how many sales have Ford handed to Holden/HSV because they've chosen not to inform their customers??? As I said, there are many BOSS cars left out there and FPV aren't building BOSS engines as of more than a month ago!
-
As much as I understand what's going on and how things happen, I've got to say I'm extremely disappointed by the approach (or lack of) Ford and FPV have chosen. There are very limited numbers of new 5.4L FPV's in stock around the country, so I can't see why they couldn't have started a nice drip feed to create and maintain interest in the new launch. You just need to look at how FordUS are approaching their release of new vehicles for an idea on 'how it should be done'... XR8 have been basically built to order for a long time now also, so why the lack of information by Ford on it's future branding and positioning? My latest info suggests that the driveline (diff, diff bush, tailshaft, what ever you want to believe) issues are sorted... so I expect official info soon.
-
What they have to offer has cost them a bucket load... so what you get is the best they could do with what they've got. Remember, from and engineering point of view (and everything else that goes with that), Ford AUS have so much on, and resources had to be allocated appropriately. This might even mean that our local programs got somewhat 'overlooked'. I have no doubt though that the updated Tezza next year will impress many and perhaps disappoint a fair few aswell.
-
No they're were differences. Roof profile and front and rear qtr's were quite different. Not to mention the unseen engineering improvements under the skin to the structure.
-
latest pics with new back end and visible HID headlights
-
The issue is obvious as it can been seen in the current cars. The extra power and torque just take it over the limit and causes failure. There's 2 ways to fix it... the expensive (and arguably proper) way, or the cheap way, which plays havoc with NVH but solved the overall issues. I expect FPV will take the cheapest and easiest route and hopefully not compromise NVH too much..
-
shouldn't be long now... looks as though certain variants are almost through compliancing. Engines I believe are done.
-
I've discussed this with the owners of CA and looked into what they call evidence for this being an EcoBoost Territory. I explained that their evidence lacks any real substance. I highly doubt this is an ecoboost Territory. Certainly not for production anytime soon anyhow. I'm not against an ecoboost Tezza though, I think it would be great to have and I wouldn't be surprised to see it in a few years. On the supply issues regarding rear end... there is truth to that but it's no longer an issue!
-
I've seen that sig (on the coupe) before...
-
Some (maybe many!) will say not different enough.
-
No they won't build a modern day gtho because there are so many differing opinions of what that is in today's society... but they do have the balls to build something that will obliterate any previous gtho... it just be called a gtho!
-
A small manufacturing outfit like Ford Aus/FPV, engineering 'options' like those suggested, and all the testing that goes with it would not be viable financially in the hope that the option gets taken up in numbers to justify the engineering. The notion about not everybody wants a supercharger etc, well the 'norm' is not the norm anymore. The application of engine technology is changing and certain configurations are going to become the norm. Ford pushing this obviously with EcoBoost in all sizes for all sorts of vehicles. Not only Ford, but many manufacturers are applying Forced Induction as the norm.
-
I don't think you will see any N/A Coyote's in the lineup. Why? 1. Mustang spec Coyote if shipped here wouldn't be sufficient. 2. Cost to enhance/develop N/A with appropriate characteristics suitable for a car (Xr8) that is several hundred kilo's heavier than the Mustang isn't justified for such low volume. 3. By applying the same fundamental design (might be a slight difference) across all V8's in the lineup (Ford and FPV) helps justify the investment.
-
This will give you a fair idea... add a bit of a whine and you'll get the idea of what ours will be like!
-
I wouldn't say it's easy... just not as big a jump in reduction. There is a big change though in terms of maintaining emissions over a longer period of time/km's. Inreases from 100,000km's to 160,000km's. I believe there were some issues with cold start emissions too, but I think they're ok with that now.
-
First Supercharged Coyote has just been announced in the US. The Shelby GT-350. Those that were concerned about S/C the high comp. Coyote engine need not worry. Just hop onto some of the US media sites for info. That GT-350 is your closest hint as to what to expect from the new FPV's (GT-H!)
-
They're still going on about no XR8.... don't know about that!
-
Without Ford US, Ford AUS wouldn't be able to operate! Ford US fund a rolling credit to Ford AUS. Besides, Falcon and Mustang will be sharing (and I believe another model(s)) come 2016.
-
The big step in emissions was from Euro 3 to 4. % is not a drastic jump at all and Ford AUS have no issue's meeting E5. Going D.I is not an easy way out as it means added complexity and cost because they then have to comply to particulate matter emissions due to increased NOx emissions.
-
Let's just call it politics!
-
Yes, BMW do this... I can't wait to see how Ford (FPV) have gone about this is what you are implying is being carried out here. What interests me is the fact that Coyote has a very specialised intake system with the vertical intake port configuration. For something to sit on top would require a specialised casting??? not cheap. Interesting times.
-
It's been said that Coyote has been future proofed for F/I. By that I mean they've considered the best type of F.I, and taken that into account when casting the block etc. When you think about how they've designed the intake with vertical ports etc, I can't see them using a top mount TVS type supercharger. I'll call Centrifugal setup. That's how I see the US going anyway, how FPV go about it, I'm not too sure.
-
Can't recall if I've mentioned this here, but I've heard they've been playing with 265's.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.