Jump to content

yellow2000S/R

Member
  • Posts

    11
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by yellow2000S/R

  1. Happy Birthday yellow2000S/R!

  2. I got to measure my engine bay on Saturday when I was at home. Length wise, the pullies would sit about 1.5" away from my radiator as it is right now and that is with the engine right against the firewall. So, I will have to move that back probably 3" just to drop the engine back some. Width wise, I am fine w/ the stock header and intake (will be making my own anyhow...) and height wise... Its going to be close. I wont find that out until I get the engine in and everything. Worst comes to worst, Ill have to run a slight cowl style hood...
  3. Im going to take measurements this weekend when I go home, Its going to be a REAL tight fit, Ill probably end up making my own turbo manifold and sheet metal style intake manifold to help with the width. As far as length, I think I might have to move my firewall back a little but that's nothing compared to making the car RWD.
  4. Found Approx measurements on another ford forum "Ok measurements are for an XR6 Turbo engine. You will need to allow about 10mm either way as it was alittle difficult to get real accuracy in the engine bay of the car. The Overall length from back of block to edge of front pulley- 800mm Overall width from edge of turbo to edge of intake- 730mm Overall height from bottom of sump to top of crossover pipe- 680mm" Now I need to measure my engine bay LOL. Im hopeing I can get this to work.
  5. Im kinda sick right now and on some medication that is messing with my head... LOL, Ill search the forums tomorrow for more information. Thanks for the few quick replies and the welcomes. -Josh
  6. Hey, Im a new member and posted over in the Ford Discussion page about my 98 ZX2. I am looking at a project for school and free time and came up with the idea of swapping the i6 into my car and making my car RWD. My questions for you: 1. What are the rough dimensions of the engine bay. From radiator support to firewall and from fender to fender in the front and strut tower to strut tower in the rear. 2. How do these engines hold up. I read somewhere that stock internals are good for 18psi and 20psi if tuning is real good. 3. Any transmission issues? I think I read they are offered in 5 or 6 speed manual or 6 speed auto? 4. How well does the engine respond to with mods? 5. How far can the stock MAF (or MAP) handle as far as PSI goes? 6. What do these cars typicially run in the 1/4 mile? 7. How is the gearing ratio in this car? Top Speed? Aftermarket gear sets? 8. Are they ODB2 cars? 9. I already have the SCT X-Cal 2 for my current car (1998 ZX2). What is the opinions on this device as far as tuning? 10. How much does the engine/tranny combo sell for (with wire harness and ECU/PCM? Say pulled from a totaled vehicle? 11. Are there any differences between the Turbo motor and the N/A motor? I still have to get ahold of my tuner to see if he can even get the codes for the ECU/PCM for the xr6t motors through SCT so that we can tune the cars. The ZX2's curb weight is just over 2,500 lbs... I figure with the chassis bracing and all that, I should be around 3,000-3,200 lbs in running forum...
  7. Another Question How much does the engine/tranny/wiring/ecu sell for? Ill probably end up using a Mustang rear end setup and a custom drive shaft to go from the tranny to the rear end.
  8. Ok, here are some quick questions that I thought of about these cars and their engines/transmissions. 1. What are the rough dimensions of the engine bay. From radiator support to firewall and from fender to fender in the front and strut tower to strut tower in the rear. 2. How do these engines hold up. I read somewhere that stock internals are good for 18psi and 20psi if tuning is real good. 3. Any transmission issues? I think I read they are offered in 5 or 6 speed manual or 6 speed auto? 4. How well does the engine respond to with mods? 5. How far can the stock MAF (or MAP) handle as far as PSI goes? 6. What do these cars typicially run in the 1/4 mile? 7. How is the gearing ratio in this car? Top Speed? Aftermarket gear sets? 8. Are they ODB2 cars? 9. I already have the SCT X-Cal 2 for my current car (1998 ZX2). What is the opinions on this device as far as tuning? Its the best setup for my car... I also noticed that on the CAPA.com.au website, that the X-Cal 2 is $1,245.00. Is that in AUD? If so, that equals around $985 USD... that sucks. Here, it is $379 for the XCal 2. I still have to get ahold of my tuner to see if he can even get the codes for the ECU/PCM for the xr6t motors through SCT so that we can tune the cars. The ZX2's curb weight is just over 2,500 lbs... I figure with the chassis bracing and all that, I should be around 3,000-3,200 lbs in running forum... When this is finished, I will have a 1 off car that is pretty dang fast and hopefully get some great attention.
  9. WOW, such a small world LOL. Im going to hang with some friends right now, when I get back to my dorm Ill post my questions concerning the swap. I feel very welcomed here!
  10. The Ford Escort started back in 1968... You might know the MK2 and MK3 because there were some made as rally cars over in Europe... Like the Escort Cosworth... MK1 1968-1975 MK2 1975-1980 MK3 1980-1990 MK4 1990-1996 Still MK4 chassis 1996-2000 And still MK4 chassis but the ZX2 1998-2003 (like my car)
  11. [Thanks for the invite... quote=xr6turbs,Feb 22 2007, 05:49 AM]That is a real nice ride! you should turbo it!! give those honduh boys a run for their money! ← LOL, already saving for it.... Although, I do not have many parts towards turbo yet. Only have Walbro 255lp pump, turbo header, SCT X-Cal 2 LOL... One of my friends has been a welder for a few years and he is going to do the TIG welding work for and make me a different turbo manifold and tig as much of the intercooler pipes and MISC stuff. Tomorrow I will have a list of questions reguarding the turbo xr6 engines... I want to do something completely different in my spare ZX2... make it RWD and hopefully use the xr6 engine with widebody kit and all that misc stuff. I want to have my own shop running in approx 3 years. I just turnt 19 in December. Im currently attending WyoTech which is an automotive tech school. I already went to the Upholstery/Trim class and am currently attending the Collison class. Next I have refinishing. Then I move on to Chassis Fabrication/modification. I am trying to deceide if I want to add the street rod class and get a little more TIG welding experience and learn the english wheel and all that to make body panels from scratch or if I want to add the Applied Service Management (Business class). I will probably end up adding the ASM class for sure... Wither way,It is all a great experience, its just the area up here at the school. There is practically nothing to do. Im getting ready to go to bed now. It is 6 am here. LOL
  12. Whats going on everybody. I live in Pennsylvania over in the US. I found this form because of taking interest in different Ford vehicles and found the Ford Performance Vehicles website. Then searched for XR6 forums and videos. My friend and I were both impressed greatly and yet mad because we do not have these types of cars over here in the states. We came to the conclusion that Ford does not want a performance vehicle over here that can out perform their "almighty" Mustang... haha Anyhow... Below are pictures of my 1998 Ford escort ZX2 from a show from Feb 17th. I took home a trophy for "Hottest Mild Ford" in the NCCA class. Mods List: Exterior: Wings West W-Type ground effects APR splitters on front bumper Custom M3 Style mirrors VIS Racing Invader carbon fiber hood Shaved body molding Shaved antenna Custom blacked out headlights Interior: Corbeau seats Schroth racing 4pt harnesses White face guages 150mph S/R speedo Custom guage pods in passenger air bag cover Alcantara headliner in black Custom painted interior Trunk painted to match exterior Spare tire well removed Stereo: Equipment: 3 Kicker 300.4 amplifiers 2 Kicker component sets 1 Kicker 8" CompVR subwoofer Pioneer Head unit Sirius Satellite radio Rollers and Stoppers: 18" TenzoR Sinko Nitto Neo Gen's Tires Precision Brakes 13" big brake upgrade in front with Wilwood calipers EGT Rear disc conversion Precision Brakes 12" big brake upgrade rear Stainless brake lines Motul brake fluid Suspension: Ground Control coilovers Ford Racing Tokico struts MX3 front strut bar polyurethane sway bar bushings Escort GT 21mm rear sway bar Engine: Ford racing JBA header Custom 2.25" cat back exhaust CTA Motorsports Cold air intake 180* Low-temp Thermostat Esslinger underdrive pulley set Esslinger cam gears Polyurethane engine mounts removed A/C SCT X-Cal 2
×
×
  • Create New...