Tyre Pressures

DallasQLD

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 21d

Guys:

What pressures are you running in the tyres? (don't worry too much about the spare as it really doesnt affect the handling that much unless its been fitted)!

and Happy New Year.....

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 21y 4m 19d

Happy new year!!!

I always go the high side of normal - that is about 32 psi all round. The spare I keep at 40, because I don't always check it and there is then some leakage possibly before it ever gets taken out of the boot in anger.

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 25d

l cannot find any pressure recommendations on the tyres themselves after 5 minutes of staring, must be the wine :thumbsup:

However the placard on the drivers door says 30psi for 'normal' loads for both 17 & 18's, and 35 psi for 'maximum' loads which l guess would be towing or 5 adults.

However when l checked the actual pressures they all seem to be running 38 psi, admittedly my gauge is about as cheap and nasty as they come, but l doubt it is out by that much. l will have to check into it some more tomorrow.

However even if they do have 38psi which is obviously too high, l still think the ride is excellent compared to our ex TS50. Man that thing handed well but the suspension was amazingly firm, never been in a car like it.

Guest exr6
  • Guests

Another point of interest, always check tyre pressure when cold or in the morning before you drive it. If the tyres are warm they will give a higher reading, you let them down to 32psi, if you check them in the morning they will be too low. Pays to have decent gauge, not a $5.00 one from K Mart, mine cost about $30.00

Guest DZ.
  • Guests
Another point of interest, always check tyre pressure when cold or in the morning before you drive it. If the tyres are warm they will give a higher reading, you let them down to 32psi, if you check them in the morning they will be too low. Pays to have decent gauge, not a $5.00 one from K Mart, mine cost about $30.00

I'll second that comment about the $5 K-Mart Gauges. I had a cheapie and a reliable one - the $5 K-Mart Gauge was showing 10 PSI higher that what the pressure actually was.

• SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 16d
Warm, my tyres read 45psi..my god!!! :o is this bad???

No.

As long as they are at the specified pressure when cold all is OK.