XR6 NaT Member 6 Member For: 18y 5m 9d Posted 06/05/08 02:47 PM Posted 06/05/08 02:47 PM Hey guys I think this is the right area to post this!I recently brought a ford xr6 (NA) upgrade from a supra have some issues with the car! Biggest one being the shifting, when I am in park and go down to reverse it is a little clunky and makes a wierd noice which is not heard when changing into any other gear. Also when it is put back into park it aslo makes a large noise.Its not coming from the inside and im not quite sure if its normal anyone have any idea??The other thing would be the front bar, its is very lose when pressure is applied to the bottom and forced up and down. I have compared this with another mates XR6T and it is very similarnot sure if its a coincidence or not. Anyone else have this problem.Thanks in advance guys
hanra Into the laaaake Member 1,532 Member For: 19y 3m 19d Gender: Male Location: Nrth Qld Posted 06/05/08 08:59 PM Posted 06/05/08 08:59 PM Post 13 will solve your saggy bumper. http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...hl=saggy+bumper
XR6 NaT Member 6 Member For: 18y 5m 9d Posted 07/05/08 02:23 AM Author Posted 07/05/08 02:23 AM Post 13 will solve your saggy bumper.Thanks alot for that, thought the car might have been in a accident or something.paranoing the hell out of me!I had a close listen to the gear box again noise is still there. As soon as it is in in Reverse from Park u hear a click which I think isnt normal :Sif anyone can help appreciate it, cheers
hanra Into the laaaake Member 1,532 Member For: 19y 3m 19d Gender: Male Location: Nrth Qld Posted 07/05/08 02:40 AM Posted 07/05/08 02:40 AM Perhaps the uni's are flogged in the tail shaft? Saggy bumper is common.
dule Legacy Donating Member 1,180 Member For: 19y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/05/08 04:42 AM Posted 07/05/08 04:42 AM The main diff bolt might be loose or the bush busted. Try to have a look at the diff while someone changes in to reverse, if it's jumping up and down it's the bush or the bolt, or both.
BluePrintMe Member 11 Member For: 18y 8m 12d Gender: Male Location: Blackburn, VIC Posted 07/05/08 05:19 AM Posted 07/05/08 05:19 AM I've had the same issue with my auto, clunking loudly from park to reverse on occasions. However I attributed that to the park lock pawl disengaging when there was undue pressure on it. To avoid that I do the following when parking ....select neutral --> apply handbrake fully --> then select parkAny slope in the road then puts the pressure on the brake and not the auto, and I've never had a clunk since then. Give that a try - maybe it'll help.Speaking of reverse, have you guys ever had trouble with reverse taking a long time to engage? I'm starting to have that trouble with the engine at normal operating temp, and it takes 5-10 secs for it to engage when I shift from D to R when parking. No problems when the engine is cold. When it does engage, there's a faint click fromt he auto when it finally engages. I've also noted that if I gently blip the throttle when it doesn't engage, it comes to its senses immediately and reverse engages, usually with a lurch backwards. A bit disconcerting/embarrasing waiting for it when doing a 3-pt turn in heavy traffic.
quick xr6 Suspended 229 Member For: 18y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 07/05/08 06:35 AM Posted 07/05/08 06:35 AM HI I had the same problem delay into reverse I put a sepate oil cooler now it goes in to reverse straight away its a pwr brand
XR6 NaT Member 6 Member For: 18y 5m 9d Posted 07/05/08 06:56 AM Author Posted 07/05/08 06:56 AM Thanks guys, its not before it goes into reverse more as when it is already engaged, as soon as it is put in you hear a click doesnt sound healthy.Diff looks OK by the way, any other ideas
XR6 NaT Member 6 Member For: 18y 5m 9d Posted 11/05/08 03:43 PM Author Posted 11/05/08 03:43 PM ok guys fixed up the front bar finally :Djust wandering once the park gear is slected does anyones care make a click noise or is it just me ??thanks a heap
BluePrintMe Member 11 Member For: 18y 8m 12d Gender: Male Location: Blackburn, VIC Posted 12/05/08 11:49 PM Posted 12/05/08 11:49 PM That click you're hearing when engaging park is just the park lock pawl engaging in the auto. I hear it too but that's quite normal.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now