Ghia Member 191 Member For: 23y 9m 19d Gender: Male Location: Aus.Vic.Melb Posted 01/11/06 09:53 AM Posted 01/11/06 09:53 AM Well guys, I have (with some technical help on the ICC wiring side from a very helpful member of CAA) installed my DVD player on my BA Mkii XR6T.I used the following :Alpine DVE 5207S Video to RGB convertor 236 from www.carconverters.com.au.Toyota female HU plugI'll through up a few pics to give you guys an idea of what I have done - although its not the 'be all and end all' I'm very happy with the result.
Ghia Member 191 Member For: 23y 9m 19d Gender: Male Location: Aus.Vic.Melb Posted 01/11/06 09:55 AM Author Posted 01/11/06 09:55 AM Dummied up in position - the colours of the unit match quite well with the factory stuff :
Ghia Member 191 Member For: 23y 9m 19d Gender: Male Location: Aus.Vic.Melb Posted 01/11/06 09:58 AM Author Posted 01/11/06 09:58 AM (edited) Removing the tissue box holder I fabricated a fascia and used 4 screws to hold it in placePretty much the final setup - it shows the momentry overlay when ICC controls are used whilst the DVD is in actionAll this and not a single wire was cut for the installation! Edited 01/11/06 10:00 AM by Ghia
exahsix Member 296 Member For: 20y 11m 28d Location: Monterey, NSW Posted 01/11/06 10:33 AM Posted 01/11/06 10:33 AM Well done Ghia - looks very neat - SLICK!!I thought this particular model Alpine comes wiht an RGB output so it would just hook up to the ICC - if you connect the correct wires.Can I ask - would the Alpine fit in the space next to the 12volt cigarette lighter output or did you HAVE to remove that?
XRSICKT Member 1,032 Member For: 23y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 02/11/06 02:14 AM Posted 02/11/06 02:14 AM Good work, looks like it was meant for it
Ghia Member 191 Member For: 23y 9m 19d Gender: Male Location: Aus.Vic.Melb Posted 02/11/06 08:04 AM Author Posted 02/11/06 08:04 AM Well done Ghia - looks very neat - SLICK!!I thought this particular model Alpine comes wiht an RGB output so it would just hook up to the ICC - if you connect the correct wires.←Not as far as I know, but if it does it will make the job easier for people in the future Can I ask - would the Alpine fit in the space next to the 12volt cigarette lighter output or did you HAVE to remove that?←In reality it wouldn't fit. The upper and lower components (roof and floor for want of better words) slope inwards and the actual unit wouldn't therefore fit in the tissue box holder. With some modification you probably could - but not worth it IMHO.My advise would be, to do something similar to what I have done and re-mount the 12volt charger onto it - moving the HU to one side.
exahsix Member 296 Member For: 20y 11m 28d Location: Monterey, NSW Posted 02/11/06 08:55 AM Posted 02/11/06 08:55 AM Ghia, thanks for the replies - I'm gonna look at this DVD on the weekend and mayyyyyybe buy
bob^ Member 170 Member For: 22y 10m 24d Location: Geelong Posted 03/11/06 02:19 AM Posted 03/11/06 02:19 AM Well guys, I have (with some technical help on the ICC wiring side from a very helpful member of CAA) installed my DVD player on my BA Mkii XR6T.He's a member here too
Ghia Member 191 Member For: 23y 9m 19d Gender: Male Location: Aus.Vic.Melb Posted 03/11/06 06:15 AM Author Posted 03/11/06 06:15 AM Well guys, I have (with some technical help on the ICC wiring side from a very helpful member of CAA) installed my DVD player on my BA Mkii XR6T.He's a member here too ←Hey! I hadn't seen you post on here (even though you have 150+ posts ), yes well bob^ was very helpful on the wiring side (esp the ICC bit). Lots of thanks from me :w00t:
exahsix Member 296 Member For: 20y 11m 28d Location: Monterey, NSW Posted 03/11/06 06:41 AM Posted 03/11/06 06:41 AM Hey bob, would you care to share what all the pinouts are here on this thread? The search function is a POS
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now