RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 17/09/06 09:05 AM Posted 17/09/06 09:05 AM Started to put on a bigger IC and make up new pipes today.I used a core similar to the hybrid one they sell for the xr6t and made up new 2.5in pipes. Theres some parts I will redo during the week and need to make new brakets but its on and farout it makes a huge improvement... my 8psi map now hits 11psi The bottom section of pipe out of the IC is what I will change as it hangs a little too low, kind of just all squeezes in under the cover, so I'll extend the pipes and lift it up. I will make a new pipe that goes under the headlight as that is a 2in pipe so there's a nasty restriction, just need to mount the sensor which is what stopped me from making it today. Once that section is done I'll make up a new pipe that goes from the headlight to the TB. All in all its happy boosting days here.
ROLMDL role model Member 1,111 Member For: 20y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne,S.E Posted 17/09/06 09:11 AM Posted 17/09/06 09:11 AM (edited) Started to put on a bigger IC and make up new pipes today.I used a core similar to the hybrid one they sell for the xr6t and made up new 2.5in pipes. Theres some parts I will redo during the week and need to make new brakets but its on and farout it makes a huge improvement... my 8psi map now hits 11psi The bottom section of pipe out of the IC is what I will change as it hangs a little too low, kind of just all squeezes in under the cover, so I'll extend the pipes and lift it up. I will make a new pipe that goes under the headlight as that is a 2in pipe so there's a nasty restriction, just need to mount the sensor which is what stopped me from making it today. Once that section is done I'll make up a new pipe that goes from the headlight to the TB. All in all its happy boosting days here.←looking good rapid all coming together now look foward to the finish. and how did you go about puting the boost sensor in etc.Carlos. Edited 17/09/06 09:11 AM by Black ThundeR
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 4m 23d Gender: Male Posted 17/09/06 09:37 AM Posted 17/09/06 09:37 AM Good job mate IMO shouldnt you have droped the cooler a bit lower.Got any pics with the bar on?
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 17d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 17/09/06 09:44 AM Posted 17/09/06 09:44 AM Well done mate. I think you should get a retune though. Also, is it a second hand cooler?, it looks like the fins have been pushed in.
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 17/09/06 11:37 AM Author Posted 17/09/06 11:37 AM Its a new one, but yeah some fins look slightly at a different angle... and I bent a few at the top lolI can sit it lower which is what I want, but I'll look at that when I make the new headlight pipe which should bend down more to meet the cooler.I'll take some pics with the bar on tomorow... was too keen for a tgest drive today haha
YPURV4 KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE, Member 2,813 Member For: 20y 4m 23d Gender: Male Posted 17/09/06 11:48 AM Posted 17/09/06 11:48 AM I know what you mean as soon as I got my wog cooler I was out in the garage fitting the thing then went straight for a drive lol.Looks good mate I just think if it sit's a bit lower you will get more direct air flow.
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 17/09/06 11:53 AM Author Posted 17/09/06 11:53 AM Yeah I dont like it sitting this high, can go a good 2inches lower... just means more playing with pipes which I'm keen to do over the week, its a bummer when its your only ride though
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 6d Posted 18/09/06 12:29 AM Posted 18/09/06 12:29 AM Good job Chris dont know how you can be farked but yeh make a second set of pipes for me
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 18/09/06 04:27 AM Author Posted 18/09/06 04:27 AM Good job Chris dont know how you can be farked but yeh make a second set of pipes for me ←Yeah mate I can do that for ya
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 8d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 19/09/06 08:30 AM Author Posted 19/09/06 08:30 AM Update...I turned the IC upside down so the outlets are on the oposite sides and put back on most of the stock nasty hoses just to get it all back on and running again. But the good thing is the IC sits alot further down so I just have to re think the piping as the stock hoses are definately a restriction. With the new IC and stock hoses its alot better than the stock IC set up, as in it hits harder on boost but pretty much the same off boost. With the new IC and new 2.5inch piping its heaps better all over... alot more low off boost pull and hits boost earlier and pushes on boost alot harder, so the new pipes are definatly the way to go. No pics sorry, it got dark
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now