Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Peter,

I plan on doing the Phase 1 as soon as the car arrives and I run it in. What I want is a stealth install so I will get the plug in loom, but I would like to get as close to 300kw as possible without replacing the injectors.

What I would like to know is:

Why cant I get a Walpro 550 intank fuel pump and get a fuel regulator to put out 4bar of pressure. Would this not increase the fuel flow over the stock 3bar and get me close to this majic 300kw without injectors ?

If not I will just get the CPU only and suffer the 20kw loss :crybaby:

TIA

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted
Peter,

I plan on doing the Phase 1 as soon as the car arrives and I run it in. What I want is a stealth install so I will get the plug in loom, but I would like to get as close to 300kw as possible without replacing the injectors.

What I would like to know is:

Why cant I get a Walpro 550 intank fuel pump and get a fuel regulator to put out 4bar of pressure. Would this not increase the fuel flow over the stock 3bar and get me close to this majic 300kw without injectors ?

If not I will just get the CPU only and suffer the 20kw loss :glad:

TIA

APS claim only 280 with standard injectors, whereas Exede retailers claim 300. Change to a Walbro & spend $450 on a set of XU6 injectors which will give well over 300kw's

Scotty CCC

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted

Scotty since you have the exede 300kw package, do you know what rwkw you are getting??

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I do not want to replace the injectors. This is the whole reason for my question.

The reason I do not want to replace the injectors is because if I need to return the car to stock, I would need to reinstall the stock injectors and this is a larger job than just unplugging a APS ECU.

The car would not run well with larger injectors and stock ECU.....but then I am not sure if the car would run with 4bar of fuel pressure, stock injectors and a stock ecu...comments ?

How long does it take to replace the injectors ?

I need a completly removeable upgrade.

Thanks

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 28d
Posted
Peter,

I plan on doing the Phase 1 as soon as the car arrives and I run it in.  What I want is a stealth install so I will get the plug in loom, but I would like to get as close to 300kw as possible without replacing the injectors.

What I would like to know is:

Why cant I get a Walpro 550 intank fuel pump and get a fuel regulator to put out 4bar of pressure.  Would this not increase the fuel flow over the stock 3bar and get me close to this majic 300kw without injectors ?

If not I will just get the CPU only and suffer the 20kw loss :kissmy:

TIA

Mate the maximum power with the stock injectors (at a safe air/fuel ratio is 280 kW) to make more power than 280 kW with the stock injectors is very dangerous as the engine is running super lean air/fuel ratios.

The 300 kW power claim on stock injectors (if this is what is being claimed) is simply a deceptive and misleading comment (if it is being suggested that no injectors are required to make this power level safely).

I dont like using higher fuel pressure (only as a last resort and if really desperate) and the stock fuel system operates at 4 bar fuel pressure in any event (has a 4 bar pressure reg).

Ultimately there is no real genuine substitute for the corect sized Multi orifice 4 valve injector, I recommend you go for the phase I system, do it correctly now and then you can have complete peace of mind with room to explore additional power down the path. :glad:

Peter

APS

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 28d
Posted
I do not want to replace the injectors.  This is the whole reason for my question.

The reason I do not want to replace the injectors is because if I need to return the car to stock, I would need to reinstall the stock injectors and this is a larger job than just unplugging a APS ECU. 

The car would not run well with larger injectors and stock ECU.....but then I am not sure if the car would run with 4bar of fuel pressure, stock injectors and a stock ecu...comments ?

How long does it take to replace the injectors ?

I need a completly removeable upgrade.

Thanks

Sorry you posted another post whilst I was replying to you. If you want to keep it this simple then just install the Unichip computer.

As a matter of interest if you were to fit a higher presure fuel reg than stock you would also need to remove this along with the computer otherwise the fuel mixtures would be very rich.

Peter

APS

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Thanks Peter,

I thought that this may be a problem.

How long would it take to replace the injectors in a T anyway ?

Thanks

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 28d
Posted
Thanks Peter,

I thought that this may be a problem.

How long would it take to replace the injectors in a T anyway ?

Thanks

Mate it will be a lot quicker to refit the stock fuel injectors than a fuel pump and high pressure fuel reg. I reckon you could refit the stock injectors in approx 60 minutes. :lol:

Peter

APS

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 7d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted

Hey Peter, I am in the same predicament as ZapXR6T and want to be able to return the car to stock, with minimal fuss. Once installed is it possible to unplug the loom and change the injectores back to stock yourself, or does it need to be done at a mechanics? Am I better going with a plug in loom or the hardwire option? With the plug in loom can the plug component be removed as well as the unichip unit?

TIA

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 28d
Posted
Hey Peter, I am in the same predicament as ZapXR6T and want to be able to return the car to stock, with minimal fuss. Once installed is it possible to unplug the loom and change the injectores back to stock yourself, or does it need to be done at a mechanics? Am I better going with a plug in loom or the hardwire option? With the plug in loom can the plug component be removed as well as the unichip unit?

TIA

JB, It is possible with the new phase I system to unplug the unichip plug in loom complete with the unichip, this would take I expect approx 25 to 30 minutes to achieve.

The fuel injectors would take approx 60 minutes for a competent person to refit the stock injectors, So all up about a 1.5 hour job to convert the car back to stock condition. Let me know if you need any other information. :crybaby:

Peter

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...