yeec Member 99 Member For: 22y 7m 20d Location: Mt Waverley, VIC 3149 Posted 22/02/04 12:58 AM Posted 22/02/04 12:58 AM (edited) Yeec > not sure how your lease works but mine allows for an allowance provided by employer, and anything above that is from your pre-tax earnings. Therefore, any changes in fuel costs will definitely be reflected in the annual budget. At approx $5 a tank difference, and based on a minimum of 1 tank of fuel a week....that's a total difference of approx $2500 per year. That's money that could be spent on additional mods to the car.Honest Gaza - Huh ? 5$ extra per tank per week = $250 and not $2500. And that will be from your pre-tax earnings so it'll actually be $125 more per year. Dunno what sort of mods you could buy with that ? Anyway, putting in 98RON rather than 95RON is bound to give you a better performance (that's what I noticed with my WRX anyway ...). My lease gives me 25000km of fuel so that's why I'll be putting 98RON into my tank. Edited 22/02/04 01:00 AM by yeec
Honest Gaza The Thief of BadGags Legacy Donating Member 527 Member For: 22y 11m 28d Location: Sydney Posted 22/02/04 07:27 AM Author Posted 22/02/04 07:27 AM Honest Gaza - Huh ? 5$ extra per tank per week = $250 and not $2500. And that will be from your pre-tax earnings so it'll actually be $125 more per year. Yeec > What can I say...I'm an idiot. How the hell I got that answer, I'm stuffed if I know. You are correct in pointing out that this cost is negligible. Even I'm not that much of a cheapskate.I always considered maths was my strong point. Honest Gaza
Honest Gaza The Thief of BadGags Legacy Donating Member 527 Member For: 22y 11m 28d Location: Sydney Posted 22/02/04 07:31 AM Author Posted 22/02/04 07:31 AM Honest Gaza.I note with great disheartening that you have minimal mods that assist the comfort of the ladies. Where are your fake cow skin look seat covers? All my ladies love the faux fur feel. Another thing that I missed in your post was the mirror disco ball installed in place of the centre roof light. I have found this addition alone to give me approximately 3kw at the flywheel.Also, the neon flashing air valve caps are a must for better balancing of the tyres after you've painted the letters white. Actually, I must confess. I tried this too on my 19s, but got a bit carried away. When I tried to even up the bits where I went outside the lines, things escelated to the point where I now have 'white' tyres on my car. But it actually doesn't look to bad on the blood orange!AndrewAndrew, I am offended that you think I do not care about the ladies. I must point out heavy use of the 2 handles located towards the ceiling above the rear seat. I was advised on good authority, and passed this info on to my wife accordingly, that these are for the ladies to place their feet in so they don't get tired.Honest Gaza
Guest cul08r Guests Posted 22/02/04 10:29 AM Posted 22/02/04 10:29 AM -: ducks out to check car :- =: 'hey honey. come and have a look at this...' :=Thanks for that Gaza. All the faith that I had lost in you is now restored. You ARE the mod king...Andrew
yeec Member 99 Member For: 22y 7m 20d Location: Mt Waverley, VIC 3149 Posted 22/02/04 11:03 AM Posted 22/02/04 11:03 AM What can I say...I'm an idiot. How the hell I got that answer, I'm stuffed if I know. You are correct in pointing out that this cost is negligible. Even I'm not that much of a cheapskate.No worries, your admission of your mathematical non-abilites was greatly entertaining !!! :lol: :lol:
sharkey Member 337 Member For: 22y 8m 22d Posted 23/02/04 03:51 AM Posted 23/02/04 03:51 AM I upgraded from the standard tissues to the ones with aloe vera. This gives much better performance under continued hard nose-blowing.Don't use them for cleaning the windscreen though - it just smears.
Macktheknife Xtreme Xalted Member Legacy Donating Member 3,112 Member For: 23y 4m 23d Gender: Male Location: BrisVegas Posted 23/02/04 06:41 AM Posted 23/02/04 06:41 AM Cripes.......Not a nodding dog nor high quality embroided cushions in sight.............. And you call yourselves modders........?
Honest Gaza The Thief of BadGags Legacy Donating Member 527 Member For: 22y 11m 28d Location: Sydney Posted 23/02/04 10:57 AM Author Posted 23/02/04 10:57 AM Cripes.......Not a nodding dog nor high quality embroided cushions in sight.............. And you call yourselves modders........? Haven't had much luck with dogs. Had a Maltese Terrier that kept getting in the way while we were having a swimming pool built. Ran out of mesh half-way through the job so I spread-eagled the mutt to complete the job. He moved out of position while the concrete was being poured so now we use him to wipe our feet on before hopping in the pool.As for training one that will nod it's head continually....just seems like too much effort.Honest Gaza
Honest Gaza The Thief of BadGags Legacy Donating Member 527 Member For: 22y 11m 28d Location: Sydney Posted 23/02/04 11:04 AM Author Posted 23/02/04 11:04 AM Need advice please....want to install one of those satelite aerials in place of the original Ford aerial. (Seems to be a lot of the older cars running around with them). I have shaped the coathanger into standard diamond shape and I have dug a hole above driver's side wheel but can't locate the antenna cable from radio.This would allow completion of Mod 9 and only leave one more to go.Honest Gaza
Guest cul08r Guests Posted 24/02/04 12:44 AM Posted 24/02/04 12:44 AM Gaza,Are you too lazy to be patriotic and shape the thing into a map of Australia, minus the tassie bit? Where's your dedication man? Get with the program. Or are you happy to be just another moron out there with the diamond shape. And I thought you were a hard core modder...Andrew
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now