Bullet96 New Member 17 Member For: 12y 6m 20d Posted 13/08/15 11:47 AM Posted 13/08/15 11:47 AM Hey guys I recently picked up my 2014 fg xr6 mk2 ute and was thinking of lowering it but wasn't sure about what the best option would be as I don't know much about suspension I don't want to slam the ute but want it to sit at a decent height I was also worried about how low to go as I have heard that fg Utes have problems when lowered. I'm an apprentice at the moment and want to still be able to make good use of the ute for work purposes aswell Sorry for the long post but Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated Thanks
🐷 New Member 18 Member For: 11y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 17/08/15 04:25 AM Posted 17/08/15 04:25 AM Hey dude have you had a run through of the older threads in here? Theres a fair few of posts on lowered fg utes....
MA91CK billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix Legacy Donating Member 1,346 Member For: 14y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 17/08/15 04:33 AM Posted 17/08/15 04:33 AM coilovers and kings/reset leaves with good shocks in rear. Search button does wonders mate
Bullet96 New Member 17 Member For: 12y 6m 20d Posted 18/08/15 11:25 AM Author Posted 18/08/15 11:25 AM Thanks guys ill have a browse now Does anyone now if the mk2's still have tails haft problems when lowered ?Couldn't seem to find any confirmed answers on that Cheers
MA91CK billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix Legacy Donating Member 1,346 Member For: 14y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 19/08/15 02:24 AM Posted 19/08/15 02:24 AM Auto or manual? Auto tends to have problems, I skated my old one with 4" reset leaves in the rear as a manual for 6 months
Bullet96 New Member 17 Member For: 12y 6m 20d Posted 19/08/15 09:38 AM Author Posted 19/08/15 09:38 AM AutoI've heard that the manuals have been pretty good but as for autos I only know that the earlier fg's had problems Thanks for the reply man
MA91CK billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix Legacy Donating Member 1,346 Member For: 14y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: Wollongong Posted 19/08/15 10:18 PM Posted 19/08/15 10:18 PM Don't go stupidly low like I did and you'll be sweet
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now