Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Albury, NSW
Posted

Hi Guys sorry its been a while since I posted last but I have been having a problem with my BA lately that has me stumped. (Not hard to stump me :) )

When the car is cold and I go for a drive under light or heavy acceleration the I hear a noise like the throttle has closed and the boost is dumped back into the intake side. I have not lifted off the accelerator, the car seems to do this automatically. I do feel a slight surge/loss in power. It happens very quickly and can happen in rapid succession (like its having a sneeze attack) at times.

At first I thought I was a dodgy TB so I changed it out with a known good one and I get the same result. I then thought I was a dodgy BOV but I had a look adjusted the spring a few times and still get the same result.

I'm no mechanic but can turn a spanner. Anyone have any ideas?

If it helps its a 2004 BA XR6 Turbo. 2006 Atomic Engine, Plazmaman 1000HP Cooler, Plazmaman 4" intake, Plazmaman BOV, Process West Plenum, GTX3582R.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also If I posted in the wrong area sorry.

  • Im the one and only
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my house
Posted

Not a boost leak somewhere?

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Albury, NSW
Posted

Hi Tranny. Not that I can find.

Looks like no one else has had this issue.

  • Member
  • Member For: 14y 2m 6d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Times like these it's probably better to get your tuner to attach the computer and look at pids during a drive mate, pay for half an hour of his time and save hours of your own.

Trust me, playing guess the problem sucks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...