D DUB Member 56 Member For: 13y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: central coast NSW Posted 05/02/14 07:25 AM Posted 05/02/14 07:25 AM This morning driving to work I turned a corner and my lights cut for a second or two. It happened again and then I realised that every time I indicated my lights would cut in and out. A couple of times I had to turn them on and off to get them to kick back in again. If I pulled the indicator stalk even a mm back towards me, they'd flicker. I'm assuming its a loose connection or something in the stalk?? Any other ideas?
f-wolf Member 897 Member For: 19y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: ACT Posted 05/02/14 11:20 AM Posted 05/02/14 11:20 AM It is a common fault, the combination switch wiring fails. You can fix this yourself. On the indicator stalk if you remove the small plastic cover that pops out behind the stalk you will see the wires have broken, just solder them back together and your done. From: www.justanswer.com/australia-car/36fzx-ba-2006-xr6-sedan-headlights-gone-ford.html
D DUB Member 56 Member For: 13y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: central coast NSW Posted 05/02/14 07:51 PM Author Posted 05/02/14 07:51 PM Good stuff. Thanks for the tip mate. I'll get onto it this weekend.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 17d Gender: Male Posted 06/02/14 08:57 AM Posted 06/02/14 08:57 AM I fixed mine, and wished I had just replaced the ASSY when someone told me how cheap they were, I forget how much though but its a slightly awkward job.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now